Why Does Gaara Have A Tattoo?
After realizing nobody loved him, Gaara used his sand to create the tattoo on his forehead, ‘ai’（愛）which signifies ‘love’, as a symbol of a ‘demon loving only himself.
- 0.1 Why does Gaara have eyeliner?
- 0.2 What does the marking on Gaara’s head mean?
- 0.3 The SECRET Behind Gaara’s Forehead Mark & Why it Created in Naruto
- 0.4 Is Gaara an Uzumaki?
- 1 Who is Gaara wife?
- 2 Why Gaara have no eyebrows?
- 3 What does Gaaras tattoo say?
- 4 Does Gaara get a girlfriend?
- 5 How old is Gaara now?
- 6 Who can beat Gaara?
- 7 What is the eye that follows Gaara?
- 8 What is Gaara’s tattoo?
Why does Gaara have eyeliner?
The dark circles around gaara eyes are probably because of kohl. Kohl is basically just eyeliner. The peoples from sunny/desert regions – hence ‘sandy’ – from around the world used to use this for eye protection.
What does the marking on Gaara’s head mean?
The SECRET Behind Gaara’s Forehead Mark & Why it Created in Naruto
This is one of the most probable reasons why Gaara has the mark on his forehead, which is Kanji for the word ‘love. ‘ While Naruto didn’t specifically mention the correlation between Gaara’s mother and the sand, Yashamaru certainly believed that it was the will of his elder sister manifested in the sand that protected.
Can Gaara sleep now?
14 No Sleep For This Ninja – Via: 0gaarasgirl0. deviantart. com, craziephase. deviantart. com Can you imagine not sleeping for twelve years? Well, apparently Gaara didn’t. This was likely a contributing factor to his own mental instability. Apparently, Shukaku the One-Tail would whisper to Gaara, telling him that he would take over if Gaara ever fell asleep.
So Gaara pretty much became an insomniac. He did gain control of the insomnia and used it to his own strength. But yeah, he fought sleep for over twelve years until Shukaku was extracted from him. There is a short period where he does fall asleep, which is during his battle with Naruto.
At that moment, he decided to let Shukaku take over and he fell asleep, releasing the tailed beast. Naruto managed to counteract with his own summoning jutsu, but it was a pretty intense battle. Since Shukaku is no longer a part of him, Gaara can sleep now, though we don’t know if he does.
Is Gaara an Uzumaki?
While there are no straight facts that confirm this or not, I can only use contextual conclusion to answer this: No, it doesn’t mean Gaara is of Uzumaki Clan because:
- If Gaara was of Uzumaki Clan, it would play a big part in the story and Kishimoto would’ve definitely use it somehow, but neither of Gaara’s parents are implied to be from that clan.
- Sasori , as well as his father , are from Sunakagure and have red hair so it probably isn’t that uncommon among the Sand Village people.
- There are other examples of characters with red/reddish hair that are not from Uzumaki Clan, like Tayuya or Karui so there must be more red haired people in the world.
Who is Gaara wife?
Chapter 2 – Hakuto ( ハクト ) Gaara is to meet his possible future wife at a formal gathering of the Land of Wind’s various dignitaries. Temari helps him dress for the occasion and Kankurō advises him on being sociable, which predominately involves drinking alcohol.
- Gaara has little fondness for the alcohol, but he is nevertheless glad for the brief time he gets to spend with his brother and sister;
- Kankurō is meant to provide security for the gathering, but he is abruptly called away at the last minute, replaced by Baki;
Both Gaara and Baki find this suspicious and increase the security for the event in case somebody is planning something. Gaara meets the woman the Suna Council has found as his partner for the marriage meeting: Hakuto of the Hōki family. His first impression of her is that she is beautiful, something that embarrasses him once he realises that she could possible become his wife.
- Their handlers leave them alone and Gaara, having never been romantically with a woman despite his hordes of admirers, has no idea how to make conversation, having forgotten all the etiquette lessons Temari gave him;
After several silent minutes, Gaara decides to try and emulate Naruto Uzumaki ‘s successes from being unoriginal: he asks what her hobbies are. Temari, who is secretly watching their one-on-one time, is mortified by Gaara’s choice of topic. However, when Gaara starts speaking about his passion for raising cacti , Hakuto is intrigued and it dispels some of the rumours she’s heard about him from his days as “Gaara of the Sand Waterfall”.
- Those who live in Suna and were around when he was a child still remember his former violent ways whenever they meet him, colouring their opinions of him;
- Hakuto, whose family lives on the border between the Lands of Wind and Fire and has thus not met him before, does not have the same preconceptions;
She, therefore, declares that Gaara is, “kind”. Temari is mystified that the conversation, despite being so casual, is going so well. Gaara is also pleased, filled with the same happiness he experiences when he tends to his cacti.
Why Gaara have no eyebrows?
What does Gaaras tattoo say?
The Symbol – As mentioned above, the symbol that Gaara decided to brand above his eye on his forehead translates to ‘love’ and for this instance he is the ‘demon loving only himself’. Fans of the show and of especially Gaara have replicated this piece as their very own. Although Gaara has this design on his forehead, it is not necessary to do this to yourself, unless that is what you absolutely want to do. This tattoo design can look great just about anywhere you place it and it will always hold the true meaning, whether it is stamped on your forehead or not.
Who does Gaara have a crush on?
The Couple GaaMatsu (我愛マツ GaaMatsu) is the term used to refer to the romantic relationship between Gaara and Matsuri.
Does Gaara get a girlfriend?
Does Gaara get married? – Nothing has been shown or announced that would indicate Gaara was married during the time between Naruto Shippuden and Boruto. The closest Gaara came to marriage was within the light novel Gaara Hidden: A Sandstorm Mirage , where he was promised to a woman named Hakuto. During this story, we find out that she was in love with another man and that was ultimately the end of Garra’s arranged marriage.
- Since then, the Kazekage has given no indication of pursuing any romantic relationship, nor have we heard of any secret weddings that Gaara has been a part of;
- Despite not being married, Gaara does have a child through adoption named Shinki;
Much like Gaara, Shinki boasts the Magnet Release Kekkei Genkai and is an extremely formidable sand shinobi wielding Iron Sand..
Is Naruto older than Gaara?
Timeline of Naruto Universe For my own purposes, I want to sort out a timeline for how I’d like to believe the events unfolded, starting with the founding of the villages as Year 0. There are a lot of contradictory statements about how old people are, when the village would’ve existed, etc.
One clear example: I have to disregard the statement that Hashirama became Hokage 67 years prior to Naruto’s events. Since he was Hokage at the time of Madara’s defection, it was actually 74 years prior to Part II at minimum that Hashirama became Hokage, based on the ages of Hashirama’s grandchildren.
So a lot of this is going to be 1) pure conjecture and 2) selective reasoning. It’s also not going to pay much mind to birthdays aside from their year date, as that might make this overly complicated. It’s a fruitless endeavour, really, but I thought it’d be fun to try to make sense of it all. So without further ado, here’s my timeline:
- Year 0: Konohagakure is founded; village system established
- Characters: Hashirama and Madara approx. age 25
- Notes: Konoha is founded in the years following Izuna’s death, who is approximately 24 when he dies. Madara and Hashirama both appear to be 1-2 years older than their siblings based on their appearances as children.
- Year 3: Akimichi Torifu is born
- Notes: According to the data books, Torifu is 30 at the time of his first Part II appearance in Chapter 481, thus dating his birth. Notably, this age would suggest he is a few years older than his teammates given that Kagami only lives until the age of 25. It is likely that he was among the first of the children born in Konohagakure, which is in keeping with the high status of the Akimichi as one of the four noble clans of the village.
- Year 5: Uchiha Madara defects from the village; Uzumaki Mito becomes Kyubi jinchuriki
- Characters: Madara, Hashirama and Mito approx. age 30
- Notes: Highly contradictory/conjectural; it is entirely possible that Madara stayed in the village for a much shorter (or longer) time than this, but I’m assuming based on the degree of development we see in Konoha while Madara is still there that he was there for at least a few years. This date is assumed because of Mito giving birth some time after this event, and that most shinobi (especially clan heads) would be having their first kid by 30ish at latest since life-spans were shorter (Hashirama stating that as he grew up, lifespans were around 30 years in Chapter 622).
Below the dates I have character ages where it is useful or relevant, as well as notes on how it fits into the narrative/in respect to other established dates. I’m sure there are better and more precise ones that exist, but this one’s mostly just for me anyway.
It is stated that Mito sealed the Kyubi within herself in order to change the tide during Hashirama and Madara’s final battle (Chapter 500). However, Onoki has a confrontation with Madara around the time of his defection (Chapter 562). Since Onoki is 25 years older than Tsunade, he should technically be among Tsunade’s parents cohorts, and therefore have been born around this time, rather than being old enough to confront Madara.
- Known conflicts: Konoha internal strife
- Year 5: Uchiha Setsuna is born
- Notes: According to the data books, Setsuna was 26 at the time of his appearance towards the latter part of Tobirama’s reign as Hokage thus dating his birth (See Year 31).
- Year 5-6: Senju Hashirama and Uzumaki Mito’s child is born
- Characters: Hashirama and Mito approx. age 30-31
- Notes: Since Mito was a jinchuriki at the time of giving birth, it seems likely that the sealing would predate the pregnancy.
- Year 7: First Five Kage Summit convenes; Tailed Beasts are distributed among the nations
- Characters: Hashirama and Mito age 32; Tobirama age 31
- Notes: The sealing of the Kyubi/Nine-Tails inside of Mito after Hashirama’s battle with Madara sets the precedent in the Five Great Nations for sealing away Tailed Beasts, as noted in Chapter 500 when Kushina refers to Mito as the first Kyubi jinchuriki. It can be supposed that the subsequent sealing of Tailed Beasts occurred not long after, so as to maintain the power balance as best as possible when Hashirama offers the Tailed Beasts to the other nations (Chapter 648).
- Year 7: Shimura Danzo and Chiyo are born
- Notes: Danzo is 1-2 years older than Hiruzen. Chiyo and Danzo are both approximately the same age, according to the data books. Chiyo is the first known birth in Suna history.
- Year 8: Sarutobi Hiruzen and Ebizo are born
- Notes: Hiruzen is 18 years older than his students according to data book entries, so based on the relative birth date of Tsunade, he is born in Year 8. Ebizo is 1 year younger than Chiyo.
- Year 9: Utatane Koharu and Mitokado Homura are born
- Notes: Koharu and Homura are 1 year younger than Hiruzen according to the data books.
- Year 10: Sarutobi Biwako is born
- Notes: According to the data books Biwako is 55 at the time of the Kyubi’s attack, thus dating her birth.
- Year 18: Uzumaki Ise is born
- Notes: Nagato’s father Ise’s birthdate can be determined by working backwards from his age at death as stated in the Fourth Data Book, 34 (see Year 52). As they have no stated surname and at least one of Nagato’s parents is known to be a member of the Uzumaki clan, that will be the surname which is used for their family.
- Year 19: Hatake Sakumo and Tazuna are born
- Notes: Sakumo’s age is conjectural based largely on the difference in appearance between himself and Kakashi in Pain’s Assault arc (Chapter 425). He appears to be significantly older than Kakashi, with eyes characteristic of those in the series in or approaching their 40s. However, he also claims that he and Kakashi both died young (Chapter 449) so their ages were likely still within a ten year range.
- Assuming Onoki was at least 12 at this time, this would force Onoki’s age up to the same as Kakuzu’s instead of 79 as stated;
- By this timeline, he would be 38 at the time of his death;
- This is also compatible with the statement in Chapter 240 that implies his “time” or peak, might have been slightly prior to the Sannin, who were prodigies in their own right;
However, anywhere from Year 17 to Year 22 could prove within an acceptable range for his birth. According to the earlier data books, Tazuna is approximately 51 years older than his grandson. Although the Fourth Data Book claims that he would be 64 in Part II, as 5 years could not possibly have passed between Parts I and II, this can be ignored.
- Year 20: Yuhi Shinku, Umino Ikkaku and Umino Kohari are born
- Notes: According to the data books all three characters are 45 at the time of the Kyubi’s attack, thus dating their births.
- Year 23: First Kazekage Reto is killed by assassins; Shamon becomes Second Kazekage
- Characters: Reto age 58
- Notes: According to the Third Data Book, all Kazekages prior to Gaara are killed by assassination, and according to the Fourth Data Book, Reto’s age at the time of his death is 58. I estimate him to approximately ten years older than Hashirama during the summit, which means his death would take place approximately sixteen years later.
- Year 24: Uzumaki Fusō is born
- Notes: Nagato’s mother Fusō’s birthdate can be determined by working backwards from her age at death as stated in the Fouth Data Book, 28 (see Year 52).
- Year 26: Tsunade, Jiraiya and Orochimaru and Kato Dan are born
- Notes: Assuming that Tsunade’s parents were at least the age of majority (20), then the earliest possible year she could’ve been born is Year 26. Her fellow students are all the same age according the the data book entries. Dan Kato’s birth year is estimated based on his death, as he died at age 27 during the Second Shinobi war which started approximately in the Year 52-53 (see points on Second and First Shinobi War for explanation).
- Year 27: Maito Dai is born
- Notes: Dai is 35 at the time of his death according to the data books, and thus his year of birth can be determined by subtracting from his point of death during the Third Shinobi War in Chapter 668. (See Year 62 for elaboration. ) Had he lived, he would have been one year younger than the Sannin.
- Year 28: Senju Tobirama founds the Academy; at some point prior to this event, Senju Tobirama becomes Hokage
- Characters: Tobirama age 52
- Notes: According to the First Naruto Fanbook, the Academy was founded fifty years prior to Part I, as a ninja training camp at the base of the cliff to increase their military might. The same passage describes it as initially purely educational, but quickly merging with the military. As Tobirama is described as the Second Hokage here and implied to be in charge of their military at this time, it’s likely he was already named Hokage.
Notably, this suggests that until Tsunade’s generation, there was no formal shinobi apprenticeship program in Konoha. According to the Third Data Book, Tobirama is responsible for many of the formal institutions in Konoha (i.
the Academy, the police system, ANBU, and the Chunin testing system) arising “one after other another. “
- Year 29: Chunin testing system is formed
- Characters: Tobirama age 53
- Notes: The Chunin system necessarily has to exist after the Academy formalizes shinobi education, and according to the data books is created around the time of several other institutions. See Year 28 for more details.
- Year 30: Senju Nawaki is born; Senju Hashirama dies
- Characters: Hashirama age 55; Tobirama age 54
- Notes: Here I pose a four-year age difference between Tsunade and Nawaki. Nawaki is 12 when he dies (Chapter 160), and Tsunade looks to be an older teenager (16-18). As for dating Hashirama’s death, in his memory of Tsunade (Chapter 619) she looks no older than five.
- Year 30: Senju Tobirama founds the Konoha Military Police Force and institutes the Uchiha clan as its leaders; ANBU is formed
- Characters: Tobirama age 54; Ushi age 32; Baku age 31
- Notes: In Chapter 619, Hashirama seems to be unaware of Tobirama instituting the Konoha Police Force, so it likely took place after his death. In Chapter 399, it is said that the institution of the police force placed the Uchiha “removed the Uchiha from the governing body” placed them “under close scrutiny” while ANBU is shown, suggesting the two groups were formed around the same time. According to the Third Data Book, Baku and Ushi were among the ANBU shown in Chapter 399 keeping close watch over the Uchiha.
- Year 31: Madara Faction of the Uchiha clan forms including Uchiha Setsuna
- Characters: Tobirama age 55; Setsuna age 26
- Notes: According to Chapter 399, after the Uchiha were put in charge of the police, a anti-establishment faction supporting Madara’s will formed. As the Konoha Police Force being created had precipitated this event, it has to happen after its institution, but likely before the outbreak of war (See Year 33). According to the Third Data Book, Setsuna was a member of this faction at age 26.
- Known conflicts: Konoha internal strife (Second Hokage’s reign)
- Year 31: The Fire Daimyo (Pt I-II) is born
- Notes: The Fire Daimyo is 50 years old at the time of his appearance in Part II, according to the Fourth Data Book, thus dating his birth.
- Year 32: Uchiha Fugaku is born
- Notes: Fugaku is 40 at the time of the Uchiha Massacre, which dates his birth around this time.
- Year 33: First Shinobi War; Senju Tobirama dies at the hands of Kinkaku’s battle unit; Sarutobi Hiruzen becomes Hokage
- Characters: Tobirama age 57; Hiruzen age 25; Danzo age 26; Torifu age 30
- Notes: Given Danzo and Hiruzen’s significantly youthful appearances in the First Shinobi War (Chapter 481), I would place them at no older than 25. However, since Minato’s age when he was named Hokage was considered somewhat notable (approx. 23) then I would assume that Hiruzen would’ve been at least a couple of years older. Although his students would’ve graduated the year prior, the war team formations suggest that Hiruzen did not take his own students on until after he became Hokage.
- Known conflicts: Konoha v. Kumo (Second Raikage’s reign)
- Year 32-33: Senju Tsunade, Jiraiya and Orochimaru graduate from the Academy; First Shinobi War Ends; Team Hiruzen is formed
- Characters: Tsunade, Jiraya and Orochimaru age 6-7; Hiruzen age 24-25
- Notes: According to the data books, Team Hiruzen all graduated at the age of 6. Being that most of the eligible sensei including their own would’ve been off fighting the First Shinobi War, it’s possible there was a slight delay in team assignments this year. Given that Hiruzen is approx. 18 years older than his students, he would have been teaching them at age approx.
According to the data books, Torifu is 30 years old at the time of his debut. Notably, Tobirama looks much younger than in his 50s at this time, but as Hashirama also maintains a much younger appearance at the time of his death, his youthful appearance may be a family trait.
age 24-25. Though Hiruzen does look older than his early 20s in Chapter 139 during their bell test, for the sake of reconciling the chronology of events and the Sannin’s graduation ages, we can assume the First Shinobi War ended shortly before Team Hiruzen was formed, as a Hokage actively fighting a war would be unlikely to take on a genin team.
- Year 34: Uchiha Hazuki is born
- Hazuki, Uchiha Izumi’s mother, is stated to be two years younger than Fugaku, thus dating her birth.
- Year 35: Teuchi is born
- Notes: According to the data books, Teuchi is 43 during the events of Part I, thus dating his birth. There is a contradiction between this and his listed Part II age, which is 47, because 4 years could not have passed during that time. However, here I choose his age at the time of his introduction.
- Year 37: Hyuga Hiashi, Hyuga Hizashi, Uchiha Mikoto and Kitsuchi are born
- Notes: Hiashi is 3 years older than Team Ino-Shika-Cho according to the data books. As they are twins, Hizashi was born at this same time. Mikoto is 35 at the time of the Uchiha Massacre according to the data book entries, which dates her birth around this time. Kitsuchi is 44 at the time of Part II appearance, thus dating his birth. If we are to assume Onoki’s given age is wrong in order for him been able to meet an adult Madara, then he would’ve been in his 40s when his son was born.
- Year 37: Madam Shijimi is born
- Characters: Fire Daimyo age 6
- Notes: According to the First Data Book, Madam Shijimi, the Fire Daimyo’s wife during the events of Part I, is 41 at the time of her appearance, thus dating her birth. This places her as 6 years younger than her husband.
- Year 38: Kazekage Rasa is born
- Notes: Rasa is 40 at the time of his death in Part I, according to the data books. This information dates his birth at this time.
- Year 39: Aburame Shibi is born
- Notes: Shibi is 1 year older than Team Ino-Shika-Cho.
- Year 40: Akimichi Choza, Yamanaka Inoichi, Nara Shikaku and Yakushi Nono are born
- Notes: Team Ino-Shika-Cho are 38 in Part I according to the data books. Nono dies at the age of 31 (see Year 70) thus dating her birth.
- Year 41: At some point prior to this, but not before Year 31, Roshi becomes Iwa’s Jinchuriki
- Notes: In Chapter 572, Roshi mentions being jinchuriki for “40 plus years. ” This suggests that Roshi was made a jincuriki at latest by Year 41, but less than 50 years prior to Part II. It is unknown at what age Roshi became a jinchuriki, but based on the trend for jinchuriki after this point, we may assume it was in his childhood or adolescence.
- Year 41: Namikaze Minato and Uzumaki Kushina are born
- Notes: Minato and Kushina were 24 years old at the time of their deaths, and thus dating their births. If they had lived, they would have approximately 36-37 for the events of Part I.
- Year 42: Senju Nawaki dies; Nara Yoshino and Inuzuka Tsume are born
- Characters: Nawaki age 12; Tsunade age 16
- Notes: Nawaki dies shortly after he is given Hashirama’s necklace on his 12th birthday. Tsunade’s age at the time of Nawaki’s death is conjectural, but fits well within the constructed timeline. Yoshino and Tsume are both 2 years younger than Ina-Shika-Cho.
- Year 44: Killer Bee is born
- Characters: A (Fourth Raikage) age 11
- Notes: Killer Bee is one year older than the Ame Orphans.
- Year 45-46: Namiashi Raido, Uzumaki Nagato, Konan, Yahiko and Sasori are born
- Characters: Ise age 27; Fusō age 21
- Notes: Jiraiya is 19 years older than his students according to data book entries. Nagato’s parents ages are determined by their data book ages at death and Nagato’s relative age. Sasori and Raido are both the same age as the Ame Orphans, according to the data books.
- Year 46: Yamashiro Aoba is born
- Notes: Aoba is 1 year younger than Raido and 1 year older than Genma according to the data books.
- Year 47: Shiranui Genma is born
- Notes: Genma is 2 years older than Obito and the others born that year, according to the data books, and 3 years older than Gai.
- Year 47: Ichiraku Ramen opens
- Characters: Teuchi age 12-13
- Notes: According to the Third Data Book, Ichiraku Ramen has been in business for 34 years as of Part II (p. 109), thus dating its opening. Teuchi would have been approximately 12-13 at this time, suggesting that he inherited the business from a mentor or relative.
- Year 48: Hoshigaki Kisame and Ebisu are born
- Notes: Ebisu and Kisame are both 1 year older than Obito and the others in his class, according to the data books. Ebius is also 2 years older than Gai and several months to a year younger than Genma.
- Year 49: Uchiha Obito, Nohara Rin, Sarutobi Asuma, Yuhi Kurenai, Shizune, Terumi Mei and Tsunami are born; at some point prior to this, Sarutobi Asuma’s sibling is born
- Characters: Shinku age 29; Tazuna age 30; Biwako age 39; Hiruzen age 41
- Notes: It is highly likely that Kakashi’s classmates would’ve been older than him, because of his young graduation from the academy (age 5); combined with the data book entries which suggest that the majority of this class is aged 31 throughout Part II while Kakashi’s age has a range beginning with age 29. Mei is 31 at the time of her introduction. Tsunami, Inari’s mother and Tazuna’s daughter, is in this same approximate age range, being 29 in Part I. The ages of Asuma’s parents at the time of his birth can be determined based on the respective age differences between them according to the data books.
- Year 49: Motoi’s father is killed; Blue B dies in Hachibi extraction; Killer Bee is chosen as Kumo’s jinchuriki
- Characters: Motoi and Killer Bee age 5; A (Fourth Raikage) age 16; Blue B age 22
- Notes: Chapter 494 establishes the timeline for the previous Hachibi jinchuriki’s death and subsequent sealing, noting that Motoi and Bee are 5. Blue B’s age at this time is established in the Fourth Databook.
- Year 50: Uzumaki Kushina arrives in Konoha
- Characters: Mito age 76; Kushina age 9
- Notes: Kushina was sent to Konoha to become the next jinchuriki and enrolled into the Academy, where Minato was also in attendance (Chapter 498). Considering that Minato graduates the Academy at 10 according to the data books, Kushina’s arrival places her at age 10 or below upon arrival in Konoha. Assuming Kushina had at least one year of education at the Academy, she was 9 when she arrived. Mito’s age at this time is conjectural based on closeness in age to Hashirama (see Year 5).
- Year 50: Maito Gai and Morino Ibiki are born
- Characters: Dai age 23
- Notes: Gai is closer to Kakashi’s age than his other cohorts. Ibiki is one year older than Kakashi during the events of Part I. Dai’s age at this time can be determined based on the fact he is 35 when he dies (see Year 62).
- Year 50: Hatake Sakumo fucks an alien
- Notes: Kishimoto you did this to yourself.
- Year 51: Hatake Kakashi, Momochi Zabuza and Samui are born; Namikaze Minato graduates from the Academy; Hatake Sakumo kills Sasori’s parents; at some point prior to this, Third Kazekage’s reign begins
- Characters: Sasori age 5-6; Minato age 10; Sakumo age 32
- Notes: Kakashi is approximately 10 years younger than Minato according to data book entries. Zabuza and Kakashi are the same age during Part I. Samui is also within a year of Kakashi’s age. Based on his size and the fact he is not yet a genin, Sasori must be less than 7 years old (his academy graduation age) at the time of his parents’ death. Here, I estimate him to be approximately close to age 5.
The same principle applies to Kurenai’s father, Shinku and Tsunami’s father, Tazuna. As Asuma would’ve been 20 when his nephew was born, his sibling would have to be older than him in order to be past the age of majority when they had Konohamaru.
Sakumo’s age at this time is conjectural based on his manga appearances (see Year 19). Additionally, I posit that it makes narrative sense for the Third Kazekage to have been reigning during the death of Sasori’s parents, as it would make Sasori’s motives for attacking him more personal.
- Known conflicts: Konoha v. Suna (Third Kazekage’s reign)
- Year 52: Mitarashi Anko, Hagane Kotetsu and Kamizuki Izumo are born
- Notes: Anko is 3 years younger than than Asuma and Kurenai, thus dating her birth in the the Year 52. Kotetsu and Izumo are the same age as Anko.
- Year 52-53: Second Shinobi War begins; Uzumaki Ise and Uzumaki Fusō are killed by Konoha shinobi; Uzumaki Nagato awakens the Rinnegan; Tsunade develops her Yin seal; Hanzo names Sannin, Jiraiya remains in Ame
- Characters: Ise age 34; Fusō age 28; Jiraiya, Orochimaru and Tsunade age 26; Nagato, Yahiko and Konan approxmiately age 7
- Notes: The Second Shinobi war supposedly takes place 20 years after the first, and includes a conflict between Konoha, Suna, and Iwa (Second Naruto Fanbook, Kai No Sho ). At some point after the outbreak of the war, Ise and Fuso, Nagato’s parents are killed, causing Nagato to awaken the rinnegan. Their ages at death is stated in the Fourth Data Book. Nagato and the Ame trio’s ages are determined by their relative age difference with Jiraiya.
- Known conflicts: Konoha v. Ame (Hanzo’s reign); Konoha v. Suna (Third Kazekage’s reign) v. Iwa (Second Tsuchikage’s reign OR Third Tsuchikage’s reign)
- Year 53: Sasori graduates from the Academy
- Characters: Sasori age 7
- Notes: According to the data books, Sasori graduates from the Academy at the age of 7, twenty-eight years prior to the events of Part II.
- Year 53: Uzumaki Mito dies; Uzumaki Kushina becomes the Kyubi jinchuriki; Kumo makes failed attempt to kidnap Uzumaki Kushina
- Characters: Mito age 79; Kushina and Minato age 12
- Notes: According to the data books, Kushina was around the age of 12 at the time of Kumo’s kidnapping attempt, and their purpose was to gain control of the Kyubi, meaning that she was made a jinchuriki at some point between the ages of 9-12. Based on her appearance, I would place her the upper end of that range when she speaks to Mito just before becoming a jinchuriki (Chapter 500). Mito’s age at this time is conjectural based on closeness in age to Hashirama (see Year 5).
- Known conflicts: Konoha vs. Kumo (Third Raikage’s reign)
- Year 53: Kato Dan dies; Tsunade develops a fear of blood and retires from active combat/medicine
- Characters: Dan and Tsunade age 27
- Notes: Since Dan died at the age 27, he died during the Second Shinobi War in the Year 53. Interestingly, Shizune would’ve been only 4 when he died, and he died after his sister, so it’s very likely that after this point Shizune was either raised by her father or by a non-relative.
- Year 54: Yamato/Tenzo, Umino Iruka, Gekko Hayate, Uchiha Shisui, Akado Yoroi, Tsurugi Misumi, Darui, Cee and Utakata, are born
- Characters: Ikkaku and Kohari age 34
- Notes: Yamato is approximately 3 years younger than Kakashi, given that Kakashi starts Part II off at age 29 where Yamato starts it off at age 26. Though the anime filler would place this age difference closer to 4 years, given the earlier supposition about Kakashi’s age (see Year 49), 3 years seems a better approximate. Iruka is the same age as Yamato, and his parents Ikkaku and Kohari are 34 years older than him.
- Additionally, at some point during this war, Tsunade develops her Yin seal, as during Chapter 160 during some stage of the war she is seen without it, but it is very likely that she had it behind her forehead protector during her combat in Ame (Chapter 446), and it is unlikely she would develop a combat-oriented seal after Dan’s death gave her a fear of blood (Chapter 160);
Utakata is also the same age as Yamato. Although Hayate dies during the events of Part I, he is within a year of Iruka’s age at the time. Shisui’s age is conjectural based on his relative size and youth compared to Itachi in the anime adaptions and light novels.
- Elaboration: Shisui is described in Itachi Shinden as “clearly older than Itachi” as well as already a genin by the time of their meeting, which suggests a difference of at least a few years. Combined with the fact that Shisui gains the nickname “Shisui of the Body Flicker” when Itachi is 6, I assume that Shisui would be no younger than 11 when this occurred. However, since the difference in their sizes isn’t as drastic as the difference between Itachi and Sasuke, the age gap between them is likely no more than 5 years.
- Year 54: Sasori becomes a Chunin
- Characters: Sasori age 8
- Notes: According to the data books, Sasori becomes a Chunin at the age of 8.
- Year 55: Uzuki Yugao is born
- Notes: According to the data books, she is 4 years younger than Kakashi as of Part I, and 1 year younger than Hayate at the time of his death.
- Year 55: Jiraiya returns to Konoha from Ame and becomes Minato’s teacher; Second Shinobi War ends
- Characters: Jiraiya age 30; Minato age 14; Yahiko, Konan and Nagato age 10
- Notes: Since Jiraiya identified Nagato as the first Child of Prophecy, the Ame Orphans necessarily predate the Team Jiraiya that Minato was placed on. Jiraiya taught in Ame for 3 years before returning to Konoha, which means he couldn’t have taught Minato until three years after the Second Shinobi War had begun, placing Minato at age 14. It is unclear at what point the Second Shinobi War ended, though the implication made in the Second Naruto Fanbook is that conflict flowed from the Second Shinobi War to the Third Shinobi War without pause, so there you can assume that the next war was declared within several months to a year of the Second ending.
- Year 56: Third Shinobi War begins; Hatake Kakashi graduates from the Academy
- Characters: Kakashi age 5
- Notes: Kakashi’s age of graduation implies that he was 2-3 years younger than his peers to enter the Academy and only remained there for a few months. In the Second Naruto Fanbook, the battlefield experience of “very young children,” like Kakashi’s graduating class, is attributed to the Third Shinobi War rather than the Second, so it can be assumed that the village was already in the Third Shinobi War when Kakashi was attending the academy and leading up to his graduation.
- Year 57: Yakushi Kabuto is born
- Kabuto is approximately 31 years younger than Orochimaru.
- Year 57: Hatake Sakumo dies; Maito Gai graduates from the Academy
- Characters: Kakashi age 6; Gai age 7; Sakumo age 38
- Notes: Sakumo’s suicide takes place 5 years prior to the events of Kannabi Bridge. Permitting for assumed age gap between the members of Team Minato, this places Sakumo’s death when Kakashi is 6, in Year 57. Gai graduates from the academy when he is 7, and he is approximately 1 year older than Kakashi. Sakumo’s age at this time is conjectural (see Year 19).
- Year 58: Hidan is born; Uchiha Obito, Nohara Rin, Sarutobi Asuma and Yuhi Kurenai graduate from the Academy; Team Minato and Team Choza are formed
- Characters: Kakashi age 6-7, Gai age 8, Rin, Obito, Asuma and Kurenai age 9, Ebisu and Genma age 10; Minato age 17; Choza age 18
- Notes: Hidan is 1 year older than Itachi and 9 years younger than Obito according to the data book entries. Obito, Rin, Asuma and Kurenai graduate from the academy at the age of 9. Ebisu is 1 year older than Obito and graduates at the age of 10. Genma is 2 years older than Obito and graduates at 10, but if the exam took place in the spring, it would allow for both Ebisu and Genma to be 10.
Yoroi and Misumi, who take the Chunin exams with Kabuto in Part I, are the same age as Hayate. Darui, Cee and Utakata are the same age as Yamato in Part II. In the same novel, Shisui is the primary breadwinner of his household by the Itachi is 8, which also supports this kind of age difference, since he would be 13 (a teenager) by that time.
It is assumed that since 2/3 members of both Teams would’ve graduated at this time, both teams were formed this year. It is probable that Gai and Kakashi served as back-up genin on other squads until more of their peers were available to form squads.
- Year 58: Terumi Mei and Hoshigaki Kisame graduate from Kiri’s Ninja Academy
- Characters: Mei age 9; Kisame age 10
- Notes: According to the data books, Mei graduates at the age of 9. As she is the approximately same age as Obito, it likely occurs in the same year. Kisame is 1 year Mei’s senior and graduates at age 10, dating it as the same year. It is possible that this is the year that Zabuza massacres a number of Academy students (see Year 60 for further clarification. )
- Year 58: Team Minato and Team Choza take Chunin exams; Hatake Kakashi becomes a Chunin
- Characters: Kakashi age 6-7; Gai age 8, Rin and Obito age 9, Ebisu and Genma age 10; Minato age 17; Choza age 18
- Notes: Kakashi appears to take the Chunin exam in the manga with Team Minato, and as such it would be more likely that he was 7 rather than 6 as the data books imply, because Obito and Rin would not have graduated. It is further implied that Kakashi passes his Chunin exam before his teammates, suggesting that Obito and Rin took on a team alternate when they were promoted. The placement of their ages here is also highly contradictory, because although early manga canon and the data books establish Kakashi’s promotion at 6-7, in the Chunin exam illustration/animation he is aged up to approximately 12.
- Year 59: Uchiha Itachi, Uchiha Izumi and Inuzuka Hana are born
- Characters: Mikoto age 22; Hazuki age 25; Fugaku age 27; Tsume age 17-18
- Notes: Itachi is approximately 8 years younger than Kakashi and approximately 6 years older than Sasuke (dated by the Uchiha Massacre when Sasuke is age 7 and Itachi is 13). There is a mild discrepancy between the stated data book ages for Itachi and his age difference with Sasuke in the manga, so in this case, I have chosen to prioritize manga canon. Itachi Shinden implies that Itachi’s official age is increased, and that the difference between Sasuke and him is 5 years, but as Sasuke acknowledges that his brother defected at 13, this statement can be ignored.
- Year 60: Ayame is born
- Characters: Teuchi age 25
- Notes: Ayame is approximately 1 year younger than Itachi. While Teuchi might have been older than 25 given the age gap discrepancies from the data books, for the sake of consistency, his age is assumed as the above.
- Year 60: Momochi Zabuza graduates from Kiri’s Ninja Academy; at some point prior to this, Zabuza massacres over one hundred Kiri students and Kiri is forced to change its graduation ceremony
- Characters: Zabuza age 9
- Notes: According to the data books, Zabuza graduated at the age of 9. However, his massacre of over one hundred Academy students is said to have occurred when he was not yet a student in Chapter 14, so it must predate this time.
- Year 60: Uchiha Obito and Nohara Rin become Chunin
- Characters: Obito and Rin age 11; Kakashi age 9
- Notes: Obito and Rin both were promoted to Chunin at the age of 11 according to data book entries.
- Year 61: Shiranui Genma and Maito Gai become Chunin
- Characters: Gai age 11; Genma age 13
- Notes: Gai and Genma become Chunin at the age of 11 and 13 respectively according to the data books.
- Year 62: Sasori kills the Third Kazekage and turns him into a human puppet; Rasa becomes Fourth Kazekage
- Characters: Sasori age 16; Rasa age 24
- Notes: Chiyo describes the disappearance of the Third Kazekage as having taken place over ten years prior to the events of Part II (Chapter 267). However, as in Chapter 547, Chiyo implies that Rasa was in charge of the fate of Shukaku for all three of his children’s births (“This is our third child. So far he’s the only one that’s compatible”) it suggests that Rasa became Kazekage before Temari was born, thus dating this event.
- Itachi Shinden also states that Itachi and Izumi are the same age, and establishes a 25 year age gap between Izumi and her mother;
- Tsume is roughly 18 years older than her daughter;
- Notably, this would bring her below the age of majority at the time of her eldest child’s birth;
As all Kazekages until Gaara died by assassination, it is highly unlikely that Rasa was named successor while the Third Kazekage was still alive. Interestingly, it also means that Sasori would have weakened his own village in and around the Third Shinobi War, despite fighting in it himself to gain the moniker Akasuna no Sasori.
- Year 62: Temari and Deidara are born
- Characters: Rasa age 24
- Notes: According to the data books, Deidara is age 19 at the time of his death in Part II. Temari is 3-4 years older than Gaara and so was born this same year.
- Year 62: Shizune, Kurenai and Asuma become Chunin; Tsunade and Shizune leave the village
- Characters: Tsunade age 36; Shizune, Kurenai and Asuma age 12-13
- Notes: Asuma and Kurenai were promoted to Chunin at the ages of 12 and 13 respectively. Although the anime places Raido on this team also, it is debatable whether or not that’s relevant, especially since Raido is approximately 4 years older and has no stated graduation age. Since Konoha’s Chunin exams are done in teams, it’s presumed that Shizune stayed in Konoha until she became a Chunin.
- Year 62: Third Shinobi War (Battle of Kannabi Bridge); Hatake Kakashi becomes a Jonin; Uchiha Obito is presumed dead
- Characters: Obito and Rin age 13; Kakashi age 11
- Notes: Obito is aged 13 at the time of his presumed death. Although Kakashi’s promotion age to Jonin is stated to be 9 in the data books, this would make him 9 at the time of Kannabi Bridge, and that much of an age difference doesn’t seem feasible based on the sizes + relationships between Team Minato. A two-year gap accounts for Kakashi’s early promotions without affecting the other elements of the team. Thus, in this timeline, Kakashi’s ages of promotion are: Genin ~5; Chunin ~6/7; Jonin ~11
- Known conflicts: Konoha v. Iwa (Third Tsuchikage’s reign)
- Year 62: Third Shinobi War continues; Maito Dai dies in battle against the Swordsman of the Mist
- Characters: Gai age 12; Ebisu age 14; Genma age 14-15; Dai age 35
- Notes: During Chapter 668, Gai notes that his father is a genin and shouldn’t be on the battlefield, suggesting that at this time Gai is already a Chunin. As Gai became a Chunin at age 11, he must be at least 11, but more than likely a little older because of the timeline of the war. Based on his appearance, Gai is likely around 12, marking the ages of his teammates. According to the data books, Dai is 35 when he dies.
- Known conflicts: Konoha vs. Kiri (Fourth Mizukage’s reign OR Madara’s shadow reign)
- Year 62: Yuki Haku, Kaguya Kimimaro and Jugo are born
- Characters: Zabuza age 11
- Notes: Haku is 3 years older than Naruto during the events of Part I, thus he is born 3 years before him in the Year 62. Kimimaro and Jugo are both the same age as Haku.
- Year 63: Kurotsuchi is born
- Characters: Kitsuchi age 26
- Kurostuchi is 18 at the time of her appearance in Part II according to the data books, suggesting she is born sometime between the Year 62-63. Kitsuchi is older than his daughter.
- Year 63: Mitarashi Anko graduates from the Academy; Team Orochimaru is formed
- Characters: Anko age 10; Orochimaru age 36
- Notes: According to the data books, Anko graduates from the academy at the age of 10. Orochimaru is approximately 26 years older than Anko.
- Year 63: Nohara Rin dies by Hatake Kakashi’s hand; Uchiha Obito and Hatake Kakashi awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan
- Characters: Kakashi age 12-13; Rin and Obito age 14
- Notes: Rin dies while Konoha is still at war, so this year is most likely since the following year would be the end of the war. Obito is in rehabilitation long enough to grow out his hair past his shoulders and relearn to walk, so it’s likely to have taken place approximately one year after Kannabi Bridge.
- Known conflicts: Konoha v. Kiri (Madara’s shadow reign of Fourth Mizukage)
- Year 63: Namikaze Minato faces A (Fourth Raikage) and Killer Bee on the battlefield during the Third Shinobi War
- Characters: Minato age 22; Killer Bee age 19; A (Fourth Raikage) age 30
- Notes: In Chapter 542, Minato faces the A-B combo in a mission during the war, before either of them has taken on the title of Kage. Since A’s father dies at the end of the war, this event must occur sometime previous to the war end. I posit that the “other mission” Minato had at the time of Rin’s death was facing these ninja.
- Known conflicts: Konoha v. Kumo (Third Raikage’s Reign)
- Year 63: Hanzo confronts the first iteration of Akatsuki; Yahiko dies
- Characters: Yahiko and Nagato age 18
- Notes: Hanzo’s confrontation took place during the Third Shinobi War, so it must take place at some point prior to the war’s end in Year 64. Notably, this age is contradictory to sources that suggest Yahiko died at 15, but the increase in age does bring him closer to the 25-30 range that Deva Pain is estimated to be during Battlefield Konoha, as he’d likely be fully grown by age 18. Nagato’s influence over the body may bridge the age gaps.
- Year 63: Uchiha Madara dies; Obito begins to control Akatsuki from the shadows
- Characters: Madara age 88; Obito age 14
- Notes: Madara dies after Rin is killed, as he is the one who orchestrates her death, but before Minato dies, because Obito acts independently to attack Konoha. This dates Madara’s death to the Year 63.
- Year 63: Kankuro, Tsuchi Kin, Abumi Zaku, and Kinuta Dosa are born
- Characters: Rasa age 25; Temari age 1
- Notes: Kankuro is 2-3 years older than Gaara and approximately 1 year younger than Temari and so was born Year 63, roughly between their birth dates. Kin, Zaku, and Dosu who takes the Chunin exams in Part I, are 14 at the time of their appearance according to the first data book, thus being the same age as Kankuro.
- Year 63-64: A (Third Raikage) dies after battling ten thousand shinobi for three nights; A (Fourth Raikage) assumes his title and restricts Killer Bee to the village
- Characters: A (Fourth Raikage) age 30-31; Killer Bee age 19-20
- Notes: According to Chapter 543, at some point before the end of the war, The Third Raikage dies and the Fourth Raikage is named, with A shortly after deciding to limit Bee’s movements outside the village.
- Year 64: Yakushi Kabuto is found by Yakushi Nono and taken into a Konoha orphanage
- Characters: Kabuto age 7; Urushi age 8; Nono age 24
- Notes: Kabuto’s age is conjectural based on his appearance in Chapter 582, but it fits within the constructed timeline of his having spent three years at the orphanage (Chapter 583) and four years in Root. Nono’s age is inferred on the same premise. Urushi, Kabuto’s adopted brother, is one year older than him according to the data books.
- Year 64: Third Shinobi War ends; Hyuga Neji, Rock Lee, Tenten, Sai and Karui are born
- Characters: Hizashi age 27
- Notes: Itachi is approximately 5 years old at the end of the Third War (Itachi Shinden), thus dating the war’s end. Team Gai is one year older than the Rookie 9. Sai and Karui are both the same age as Team Gai in Part II (approximately 17) so they are born this same year.
- Year 64: Namikaze Minato is named Hokage; Kakashi joins ANBU
- Characters: Minato and Kushina age 23; Kakashi age 13
- Notes: Hiruzen steps down as a result of the the Third Shinobi War, dating Minato’s promotion to after the war. Kakashi becomes a member of ANBU under Minato’s leadership.
- Year 64-65: Konoha’s Rookie 9 are born (Uchiha Sasuke, Haruno Sakura, Hyuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba, Aburame Shino, Yamanaka Ino, Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Choji); Uzumaki Karin and Hozuki Suigetsu are born (at some point prior to this but not before Year 51, Hozuki Mangetsu is born); Omoi is born
- Characters: Yoshino and Tsume age 23-23; Shikaku, Inoichi and Choza age 24-25; Shibi age 26; Mikoto and Hiashi age 28; Fugaku age 33
- Notes: Sasuke is born in the Year 65 because he is only a few months old at the time of the Kyubi attack. Hiashi is 3 years older than Ino-Shika-Cho according to the data books, while Tsume is 1-2 years younger. Shibi is older than Ina-Shika-Cho but younger than Mikoto. Mikoto and Fugaku’s ages are derived from the knowledge that they die at 35 and 40 respectively, when Sasuke is 7.
- Since Tsunade leaves the village with Shizune in tow, it seems as though she would’ve been living in Konoha semi-retired for 9 years;
- This also places their departure right around the beginning of the war, which makes a lot of sense if Tsunade did not want to get pulled into combat/medicine;
These ages are largely approximates as they are not incorporating actual day-month birth dates of adults or children. According to the data books, Karin and Suigetsu are both approximately the same age as Sasuke in Part II. Mangetsu was born after Zabuza according to Chapter 523, since it was because of him he got his nickname.
- Year 64-65: Team Orochimaru takes the Chunin Exams; Mitarashi Anko becomes a Chunin
- Characters: Anko age 12
- Notes: According to the data books, Anko is promoted to Chunin at the age of 12. There is a slight contradiction in terms of team ages and promotions, as Anko is seen taking the Chunin exam together during the same exam as Team Minato and Team Choza in Chapter 599, in spite of the fact their age difference would her place as age 4-5, too young to have graduated.
- Year 65 (October 10): Uchiha Obito unleashes Kyubi on Konoha; Sarutobi Biwako is killed by Uchiha Obito; Umino Ikkaku, Umino Kohari, Namikaze Minato and Uzumaki Kushina die fighting against the Kyubi; Uzumaki Naruto is born; Sarutobi Hiruzen reassumes role of Hokage
- Characters: Iruka age 11; Kakashi age 14; Obito age 16; Minato and Kushina age 24; Ikkaku and Kohari age 45; Biwako age 55; Hiruzen age 57
- Notes: Biwako, Ikkaku and Kohari’s ages at the time of their appearances are derived from the data books.
- Year 65: Umino Iruka graduates from the Academy; Ebisu becomes a Chunin
- Characters: Iruka age 11; Ebisu age 17
- Notes: Iruka graduates from the academy at the age of 11, but notably after the Kyubi attack as the loss of his parents drives him to become a class clown (Chapter 1). Ebisu becomes a Chunin at the age of 17 according to the data book. Provided that he was Gai and Genma’s third partner in their second Chunin exam, this implies that it took Ebisu three tries to pass.
- Year 66: Orochimaru becomes a missing nin
- Characters: Orochimaru age 40; Hiruzen age 58
- Notes: As Orochimaru defecting comes partly as a result of Minato being named Hokage, it must occur after. The manga and anime imply that the defection takes place shortly after Hiruzen reassumes the role Hokage. Itachi Shinden states that Orochimaru leaves the village 6 years prior to the massacre, which dates it no later than the year 66.
- Year 66: Itachi graduates from the Academy;
- Characters: Itachi age 7
- Notes: When Sasuke begins the academy at the age of 7, we are told that Itachi graduated by that age, thus dating this event.
- Year 66: Gaara is born and becomes Suna’s jinchuriki
- Characters: Rasa age 28; Chiyo age 58
- Gaara is 1 year younger than Naruto, so was born the year after him in Year 66. According to Gaara’s statement in Chapter 97, the Ichibi, Shukaku, was sealed into him at birth.
- Year 66: Gekko Hayate graduates from the Academy; a team composed of Gekko Hayate, Morino Ibiki and Tokara takes the Chunin exams
- Characters: Hayate age 11-12; Ibiki age 15
- Notes: Hayate graduates from the academy at the age of 12. There is a slight contradiction in terms of team ages and promotions, as Hayate and Ibiki are seen taking the Chunin exam together during the same exam as Team Minato and Team Choza in Chapter 599, in spite of not all members of that team having graduated, according to the data books (additionally, this would place Hayate at around 3-4 at the time of the first exam).
- Year 67: Izumo Tenma dies by Uchiha Obito’s hand; Uchiha Itachi awakes the Sharingan
- Characters: Itachi age 8; Tenma age 12; Obito age 18
- Notes: According to Chapter 142, Itachi is able to use the sharingan by the age of 8. Itachi Shinden reiterates this point and further adds the detail that Itachi awakens his sharingan as a result of the death of his teammate by Obito’s hand.
- Year 67: Yakushi Nono and Yakushi Kabuto are recruited into Root
- Characters: Kabuto age 10; Nono age 27
- Notes: In Chapter 583, Kabuto infiltrates four different villages, aging in each panel, suggesting the passing of years. In keeping with Nono’s known age at death and the changes in Kabuto’s appearance, they would be four years younger at the time of their recruitment.
- Year 68-69: Kumo ninja try and fail to kidnap Hyuga Hinata; Hizashi Hyuga is killed in his brother’s place as a result of the incident
- Characters: Hinata age 3; Neji age 4; Hizashi and Hizashi age ~31-32
- Notes: The Hyuga incident takes place ten years prior to the events of Part II and the data books state that Hizashi was approximately 32 when he died. In order to maintain the correct age difference between the elder Hyuga and their children, 31 seems a better estimate. This also complies with the constructed timeline for Hiashi’s birth year.
- Year 69: Team Ebisu is born (Sarutobi Konohamaru, Kazamatsuri Moegi and Udon); Uchiha Itachi becomes a Chunin
- Characters: Itachi age 10
- Notes: Konohamaru is approximately 4 years younger than Naruto, who is born 4 years prior in the Year 65. His classmates are the same age. Itachi Shinden and the data books establish that Itachi becomes a Chunin at age 10.
- Year 70: Inari is born
- Characters: Tsunami age 21; Tazuna age 51
- Notes: According to the data books, Inari is 4-5 years younger than Naruto. He is between the ages of Konohamaru and Hanabi, and is younger than his grandfather Tazuna by 51 years, and his mother Tsunami by 21 years.
- Year 70: Umino Iruka becomes a Chunin; Hyuga Hanabi is born
- Characters: Iruka age 16; Hiashi age 33; Hinata age 5
- Notes: According to the data books, Iruka becomes a Chunin at the age of 16. According to Chapter 78. Hanabi is 5 years younger than Hinata.
- Year 70: Uchiha Itachi joins the ANBU; Uchiha Izumi graduates from the academy; Konoha implements a minimum graduation age of 11
- Characters: Izumi and Itachi age 11; Tenzo age 16; Kakashi age 19
- Notes: According to Itachi Shinden, Itachi joins the ANBU at the age of 11, when Kakashi is approaching twenty. This would place the event at sometime before June. During the same chapter where this is noted (Chapter 4) Itachi also notes that no matter how talented Sasuke is, he cannot graduate before the age of 11. Izumi graduates sometime shortly before this policy comes into place, according to the same chapter.
- Year 70: Sarutobi Asuma becomes a Jonin instructor and forms his first Genin team; Inomatsu graduates from the Academy
- Characters: Asuma age 21; Inomatsu age 12
- Notes: Conjectural; according to the Third Data Book, Inomatsu was a genin student of Asuma prior to Team 10. His only appearance is at Asuma’s funeral, at which point he is 23, denoting a nine year age difference. Inomatsu’s academy graduation age is likely older than 11, as 12-13 seems a typical graduation time by Naruto’s generation, and most jonin instructors appear to be in their 20s by this time.
- Year 71: Yakushi Nono dies by Yakushi Kabuto’s hand; Yakushi Kabuto is recruited out of Root by Orochimaru and defects; Otogakure is founded
- Characters: Kabuto age 14; Nono age 31; Orochimaru age 45
- Notes: Based on Kabuto’s appearance in Chapter 583, it seems likely that he is still a teenager when he and Orochimaru meet. It also aligns with Orochimaru describing as a child in the subsequent chapter, and the typical recruitment age for Orochimaru’s subordinates. In addition, Kabuto defecting at the age of 14 would be supported by the statement that Anko makes in Chapter 66 that Kabuto, by age approximately 20-21, has failed his Chunin exams six times (likely for similar intelligence gathering purposes).
- According to the data books, Omoi is 1 year younger than Karui;
- Here, I choose to value team composition and promotion ages over manga imagery;
- Here, I choose to value team composition and promotion ages over manga imagery;
In Chapter 584, Orochimaru announces his intention to create Otogakure, thus dating this event.
- Known conflicts: Konoha v. Iwa (Third Tsuchikage’s Reign)
- Year 71: Uchiha Shisui dies; Uchiha Itachi awakes the Mangekyo Sharingan
- Characters: Shisui age 16-17; Itachi age 12
- Notes: According to Itachi Shinden, Shisui dies one year prior to the events of the coup. Itachi awakens the sharingan as the result of Shisui’s death.
- Year 71: Momochi Zabuza attempts a coup d’etat on Fourth Mizukage Karatachi Yagura (controlled by Obito); Momochi Zabuza, Yuki Haku, Hoshigaki Kisame and Utakata defect from Kiri; the Kaguya clan is wiped out in their assault on Kiri
- Characters: Zabuza age 20; Haku and Kimimaro age 9; Obito age 22; Kisame age 23; Utakata age 16-17
- Notes: According to Chapter 30, shortly before Zabuza defects from Kiri, he attempts a coup d’etat. Based on Haku’s appearance at the time of his defection, he is no older than ten years old, and Zabuza appears as a full grown adult. Chapter 26 and 29 suggest that Haku and Zabuza had already been companions for some time prior to their defecting. Yagura’s reign of “Blood Mist Village” saw a number of defections from Kiri, including most of the ninja swordsmen and in the anime, Utakata, so it’s assumed these defections happened in relatively close proximity to the kekkei genkai massacres.
- Notably, by this point Obito is leading Kiri, according to Chapter 507;
- Kisame claims in Chapter 353 of Part II that he last saw Suigetsu ten years prior, dating his defection at this time;
- In the anime (Episode 126) the Kaguya clan’s attack on Kiri and Kimimaro’s subsequent orphaning takes place at the same time as Haku’s defection;
Kimimaro is the same age as Haku.
- Known conflicts: Kiri internal conflict ; Kiri v. Kaguya clan (Obito’s shadow reign of Fourth Mizukage)
- Year 72: Uchiha Itachi and Uchiha Obito massacre the Uchi ha clan; Uchiha Itachi joins the Akatsuki
- Characters: Itachi age 13; Obito age 23; Sasuke age 7; Mikoto age 35; Hazuki age 38; Fugaku age 40
- Notes: Itachi and Sasuke’s respective ages at this time are established by both the anime and manga. Mikoto and Fugaku’s ages are established by the data books. Hazuki’s age and time of death are established in Itachi Shinden. Itachi Shinden implies that Itachi is one year younger than stated in other canonical sources, but since Sasuke would be aware of his brother’s own age, this statement can be ignored.
- Year 72: Orochimaru leaves the Akatsuki
- Characters: Orochimaru age 46; Itachi age 13
- Notes: Chapter 345 (as well as prior dialogue and Itachi Shinden) establishes that Itachi and Orochimaru were in the Akatsuki at the same time. Thus, Orochimaru could not have left the Akatsuki until after Itachi joined. While in Chapter 238, Sasori claims that Orochimaru left seven years prior to Part I, this statement can be ignored because that would place Itachi’s age at 10-11 when Orochimaru left, and thus too young to have been in the Akatsuki.
- Year 74: Hatake Kakashi leaves ANBU
- Characters: Kakashi age 22-23; Yamato age 19-20
- Notes: The light novels canonize Itachi and Kakashi being in Team Ro in ANBU together, which would place his ANBU discharge at minimum age 20. It’s suggested that Kakashi was still in ANBU at the time of the Uchiha massacre at age 21, an event which saw the complete decimation of the Konoha Police Force. Thus, I’m inclined to believe that no ANBU captain would’ve been discharged until at least a year or two after they’d lost their main internal security force.
- Year 77: Hyuga Neji, Rock Lee and Tenten graduate from the Academy; Team Gai is formed
- Characters: Lee, Tenten and Neji age 12-13
- Notes: Team Gai is one year older than Team 7, both in age and in experience.
- Year 78: Events of Part I inc. Rookie 9 graduate; Momochi Zabuza and Yuki Haku die; Kazekage Rasa is assassinated by Orochimaru; Konoha 11 take Chunin exams (Konoha Crush); Gekko Hayate and Sarutobi Hiruzen die; Tsunade becomes Hokage; Sasuke becomes a missing nin
- Characters: Gaara age 12; Rookie 9 age 12-13; Team Gai age 13-14; Haku and age 15; Temari age 16; Itachi age 18-19; Hayate age 23; Iruka age 23; Zabuza and Kakashi age 26; Gai age 27; Asuma and Kurenai age 28; Kisame age 29; Rasa age 40; Orochimaru, Jiraiya and Tsunade age 51-52, Hiruzen age ~69
- Notes: If going on an average Japanese school year, academy graduation likely takes place in late March or early April. In Chapter 34, Hiruzen announces that the Chunin exams will begin on the “first day of the seventh moon,” or July 1st. Their first test spans only a few hours, and their second test (immediately after) spans 120 hours, or five days. A month elapses between the preliminaries and the finals (Chapter 88), so, roughly estimated, the Chunin exam final to takes place on August 6th.
A similar statement in Chapter 353 is ignored for the same discrepancy. This date is supported is also supported by the anime adaptation. In the aftermath, Naruto masters the rasengan with Jiraiya over a span of roughly two weeks while retrieving Tsunade.
With travel time, Tsunade likely returned at the end of August. Since only a short time elapses between Tsunade becoming Hokage and Sasuke leaving the village, but enough time to do Lee’s surgery and for Kakashi to complete an S-rank mission, I estimate the Valley of the End fight to take place in the first week of September. )
- Known conflicts: Konoha v. Suna and Oto
- Year 78-81: Karatachi Yagura dies in battle; Sanbi dissipates and is forced to re-articulate itself; Terumi Mei becomes Mizukage
- Characters: Mei age 28-31
- Notes: When Zabuza defects from Kiri, it is after he has tried to kill the Mizukage of “Blood Mist Village,” Yagura, and Kakashi points out in Chapter 30 that Zabuza is raising funds for a “second attempt. ” This statement suggests that Yagura is still alive as of the Land of Waves arc. However, by Chapter 317, the Sanbi exists as an entity separate from Yagura and the current Mizukage is revealed to be Mei in Chapter 454. This suggests that Yagura died in battle, or else Kiri would have likely made a new jinchuriki after his death.
- Year 80: Gaara becomes a Chunin
- Notes: According to the Third Data Book, Gaara becomes a Chunin at the age of 14, approximately one year prior to the events of Part II.
- Year 81: Events of Part II inc. Fourth Shinobi War; Sasori, Chiyo, Sarutobi Asuma, Kakuzu, Uchiha Itachi, Deidara, Jiraiya, Uzumaki Nagato, Konan, Hoshigaki Kisame, Shimura Danzo, Yamanaka Inoichi, Nara Shikaku, Hyuga Neji and Uchiha Obito all die
- Characters: Gaara age 15; Rookie 9 age 15-16; Team Gai age 16-17; Suigetsu and Karin age 16-17; Kankuro, Kurostuchi and Jugo age 18; Temari and Deidara age 19; Itachi age 21-22; Jiraiya age 54; Yamato age 26-27; Kakashi age 29-30; Asuma and Obito age ~31; Kisame age 32; Nagato, Konan and Sasori age 35; Inoichi and Shikaku age 41-42; Danzo and Chiyo age 73; Kakuzu age 91
- Notes: In Part II, Naruto comes back when the Chunin exams are in the midst of important preparations, presumably also scheduled for July (though they do take place biannually). Assuming Temari’s visit to Konoha is among the last of the preparations for the exam, Naruto returns to Konoha sometime in late June (close to the two-and-a-half year gap that’s stated in ep. 1 of Shippuden). The Kazekage rescue mission arc takes place over roughly six days.
There is a three month gap between Chapters 237 and 238, leaving Part I ending off at December. (Notably, the Sand siblings are seen leaving Konoha after this three-month time skip. Yagura’s age at this time is unknown, but by the end of Part I, he would have been ruling as Mizukage for at least 20 years, as Mei was a participant in the Blood Mist graduation exam (Sasuke Shinden Chapter 1).
The Tenchi bridge mission takes place after an additional ten days. The Akatsuki suppression mission takes place immediately after over roughly ten days (two days of rasenshuriken training, three days each to seal the Nibi and Sanbi, and an additional 24 hours + travel time for Team 7 to join Team 10.
- Elaboration: Notably, this has to be October of the same year given that Kurenai is at least two months pregnant by the end of the third arc (marked by at least one month to become aware of it, and the aforementioned month of missions), and gives birth to Mirai in the fall after the war. Gaara and Naruto are both noted to be 17 by the end of the war but both are at least 1 year younger than Neji so it is presumed that any statements making their ages equivalent are inaccurate; it is also possible that those ages may apply in Chapter 699, which has a time-skip of several months to a year.
- Known conflicts: Allied Shinobi Forces vs. Madara and Obito (Fifth Hokage/Fifth Mizukage/Fifth Kazekage/Fourth Raikage/Third Tsuchikage’s Reign)
- Year 81 (Fall, likely late November): Sarutobi Mirai is born
- Characters: Kurenai age 31
- Notes: As Kurenai falls pregnant in the spring preceding the war, Mirai is born in autumn shortly after the war ends.
- Year 81-82: Hatake Kakashi named Hokage, Sasuke is pardoned
- Characters: Kakashi age 30; Sasuke age 16
- Notes: Kakashi is named Hokage shortly after the war and Sasuke is pardoned partly on account of his word. Kakashi does not fully assume the responsibilities and title until almost a year after the war is over (Kakashi Hiden), though it’s not addressed whether the pardon is issued before or after Kakashi Hiden, since the novel begins with Kakashi already selected as Hokage and carved on the mountain.
With these missions in mind, it can be estimated that the first three arcs to conclude at the end of July. Though it’s less clear how much time elapses during the subsequent arcs (from the Itachi Pursuit mission onward) at the climax of the war in Chapter 643, Obito notes that it is Naruto’s birthday, on October 10th, marking the approximate end date of the war.
For the purposes of this timeline, I will assume the pardon comes pre-Kakashi Hiden.
- Year 83: Nara Shikamaru and Temari begin dating; Akimichi Choji and Karui begin dating; Sai and Yamanaka Ino begin dating
- Characters: Shikamaru, Ino and Choji age 18; Karui and Sai age 19; Temari age 21
- Notes: Shikamaru Hiden takes place before The Last, in which Shikamaru has a date with Temari, so he starts dating Temari two years after the war in the Year 83. Choji and Karui are established as beginning a relationship in the beginning of Sakura Hiden, which is a few months after Shikamaru Hiden. Sai and Ino go out on a date at the end of Sakura Hiden.
- Year 83-85: Uzumaki Naruto and Hyuga Hinata date and get married
- Characters: Naruto and Hinata age 18-20
- Notes: The events of Naruto the Last (canonized in a light novel) and Konoha Hiden establish that Naruto and Hinata get together approximately 2 years after the war. Assuming they get married when they reach the age of majority at age 20, they get married in the Year 85.
- Year 85: Uzumaki Boruto is born
- Characters: Naruto and Hinata age 20
- Notes: It’s presumed that Boruto would be born prior to Sarada since his parents get married before hers.
- Year 85: Sasuke returns to Konoha; Sakura and Sasuke go travelling together and marry; Uchiha Sarada is born
- Characters: Sasuke and Sakura age 20
- Notes: Sasuke is still on his journey alone during the events of Konoha Hiden, but as Sarada and Boruto are are approximately the same age, they’re both born within this same year or so span. The implication seems to be that Sasuke bringing Sakura on the journey was a marriage proposal in and of itself.
- Year 85: Yamanaka Ino and Sai marry; Inojin is born; Akimichi Choji and Karui marry; Chocho is born; Nara Shikamaru and Temari marry; Shikadai is born; Metal Lee is born
- Characters: Ino, Choji and Shikamaru age 20; Karui and Sai age 21; Temari age 23-24
- Notes: It seems improbable that this many of Naruto’s friends would get married and have children in this short a time frame, given that two of these families required the wife’s immigration to Konoha. However, in order to be the same age as Boruto and Sarada, all of these children would have to be born around this year.
- Year 87: Uzumaki Himawari is born
- Notes: Himawari is noted to be 2 years younger than Boruto in the Blank Period.
- Year 96: Naruto becomes Hokage; Events of Naruto Gaiden/Konoha Shinden
- Characters: Sarada age 11; Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke age 31; Yamato age 42; Kakashi age 45; Gai age 46; Mirai age 14
- Notes: There is approximately a 13 year time-skip between Chapter 699 and Chapter 700. Thus, this dates Sarada’s age at approximately 11 during both 700 and Gaiden, placing those events in immediate succession.
- Year 97: Boruto and Sarada graduate; Team Konohamaru takes the Chunin Exams
- Characters: Boruto and Sarada age 12; Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura age 32; Kakashi age 46
How old is Gaara now?
7 Gaara – Gaara’s birthday is January 19th. In part one of the show, he is between 12 and 13 years old. In part two, Gaara ages from 15 to 17 years old. Gaara and Naruto share quite a bit in common, as both were feared by the residents of their villages. Their situations prompted opposite reactions; while Naruto craved companionship, Gaara grew to loathe the world and sought to eradicate everyone he could.
Who is Gaara’s dad?
Before he was born, Gaara’s father, the Fourth Kazekage Rasa, had Chiyo make Gaara into the Jinchuriki for the tailed beast Shukaku the One Tail (一尾の守鶴, Ichibi no Shukaku, English TV: ‘Shukaku the Sand Spirit’) while he was still in his mother’s womb before she died giving birth to him.
Who can beat Gaara?
5) Hashirama Senju – Hashirama Senju would is probably one of the strongest characters in the Naruto series. Hashirama was so strong that he was able to take on Madara and the Nine Tail Beast in Susanoo. His Wood Style release would easily overwhelm Gaara due to the sheer strength and the overall combat abilities of Hashirama.
Why Gaara have no eyebrows?
What is the eye that follows Gaara?
Gaara creates an eye out of sand that hovers in the air wherever it’s created. Gaara connects the eye with his optic nerve using chakra , allowing him to see whatever is in the Third Eye’s field of vision. The eye gives Gaara a useful method of performing surveillance without being noticed;  in Sakura Hiden , Gaara manipulates the Third Eye’s sand to allow it to double as a listening device.
- Gaara also uses the Third Eye when fully surrounding himself with the Shield of Sand , allowing him to be protected without sacrificing seeing what opponents are doing;
-  In Gaara Hiden , Gaara is capable of creating several Third Eyes and connect each eye to his optical nerve at once, allowing him to observe things from multiple angles simultaneously;
Rasa makes his Third Eye out of Gold Dust. Rasa, like Gaara, must close one of his eyes before he can see through the Third Eye.   In the anime, Shinki has displayed the ability of creating multiple Third Eyes with his Iron Sand , without the need of closing one of his, though it quickly drains his chakra.
What is Gaara’s tattoo?
The Symbol – As mentioned above, the symbol that Gaara decided to brand above his eye on his forehead translates to ‘love’ and for this instance he is the ‘demon loving only himself’. Fans of the show and of especially Gaara have replicated this piece as their very own. Although Gaara has this design on his forehead, it is not necessary to do this to yourself, unless that is what you absolutely want to do. This tattoo design can look great just about anywhere you place it and it will always hold the true meaning, whether it is stamped on your forehead or not.
What is the demon inside Gaara?
|”||I’m finally out!! And here’s someone that I want to kill right now!!||„|
Shukaku (also known as the One-Tail ) is a character in the Naruto series. It is a Tanuki-like sand demon who is one of the nine Tailed Beasts. It used to be sealed inside Gaara in the beginning of the story. He was voiced by Hiroshi Iwasaki in the Japanese version of the anime, and Kirk Thornton in the English dubbed version.