What Is The Order Of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Movies?
In 2009, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo opened in Swedish cinemas. The movie – an adaptation of the book, Män som Hatar Kvinnor , from Stieg Larsson’s Millennium series – was a huge hit with audiences and was followed by sequels, and English-language remakes. __ How many Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movies are there? Image: ©Yellow Bird To date, there are five entries in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie series (aka the Millennium series). The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo films are as follows:
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009)
- The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (2009)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web (2018)
__ Are all of the Girl With movies part of the same series? Image: ©Yellow Bird The Girl With series is split into two distinct categories: Swedish language movies and English language movies. Swedish language movies:
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009)
- The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (2009)
All three of the Swedish language movies are part of the same series and were released theatrically in 2009. Michael Nyqvist and Noomi Rapace are the lead actors across all three movies. English language movies:
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web (2018)
Both of the English language movies are part of the same series, however, these films are only loosely connected. The Girl in the Spider’s Web is effectively a soft reboot/loose continuation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo , with a new cast. __ Who are the cast of the Girl With movies? Image: ©Yellow Bird Notable cast members in the Girl With movie series include Michael Nyqvist, Noomi Rapace, Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgård, Steven Berkoff, Robin Wright, Joely Richardson, Goran Višnjić, Claire Foy, and Sverrir Gudnason. __ Is the Girl With movie series the work of the same director? Image: ©Sony Pictures The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie series is the work of multiple directors. Niels Arden Oplev directed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009), Daniel Alredson directed The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009) and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (2009), while David Fincher directed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011), and Fede Álvarez directed The Girl in the Spider’s Web (2018). __ What is the best Girl With movie? Image: ©Sony Pictures According to IMDb , the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movies are ranked from best to worst as follows:
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009) – 7. 8/10
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) – 7. 8/10
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (2009) – 7. 3/10
- The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009) – 7. 2/10
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web (2018) – 6. 1/10
__ If you’re a fan of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo , or you’re just getting into the books of Stieg Larsson , then you may wish to know that a collection of six books in The Millennium series currently available. The Millennium 6 Books Collection includes The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo , The Girl Who Played with Fire , The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest , The Girl in the Spider’s Web , The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye , and The Girl Who Lived Twice. The Millennium 6 Books Collection is available from all good book stockists, including Amazon UK and Amazon US.
But how many Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movies are there? For the answers to this question and more, scroll down and check out the details below. __ I hope this information about the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo film series has proved useful.
Should you wish to read more movie-related posts, please check out the recommended reads below. Read more: Disclaimer: I earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article..
- 0.1 What order do The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movies go in?
- 1 How can I watch the Dragon Tattoo trilogy?
- 2 How many books are in the series of the girl with a dragon tattoo?
What order do The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movies go in?
THe Stieg Larsson Dragon Tattoo Trilogy includes ‘The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’, ‘The Girl Who Played with Fire’ and ‘The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest’.
How many Girl With Dragon Tattoo movies are there?
References [ edit ] –
- ^ “Millennium (English) Franchise Box Office History”. The Numbers.
- ^ Jump up to: a b c Weintraub, Steve (December 26, 2011). “Screenwriter Steven Zaillian Talks THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, Sequels, and How He Might Direct the Remake of TIMECRIMES”. Collider. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- ^ Harris, Scott (April 1, 2010). “David Fincher Inks Deal For ‘Dragon Tattoo’ “. Moviefone. Archived from the original on March 23, 2012. Retrieved May 30, 2011.
- ^ Jump up to: a b Godfrey, Alex (December 16, 2011). “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo: Steven Zaillian on the difficulties of adapting Stieg Larsson”. The Guardian. Guardian News and Media. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- ^ Fincher, David (2012). The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (DVD commentary). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. From 10:30 to 11:10. OCLC 776713480.
- ^ Jump up to: a b c Siegel, Tatiana; Kit, Borys (November 4, 2015). ” ‘Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ Follow-up in Works With Steven Knight in Talks to Adapt (Exclusive)”. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- ^ Kroll, Justin (November 2, 2016). “Sony’s ‘Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ Sequel May Have Found Its Director (EXCLUSIVE)”. Variety. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- ^ Kroll, Justin (May 15, 2017). ” ‘Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ Sequel: ‘The Crown’s’ Claire Foy Frontrunner for Lisbeth Salander”. Variety. Retrieved September 17, 2017.
- ^ McNary, Dave (September 15, 2017). ” ‘Crown’s’ Claire Foy to Officially Star in ‘Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ Sequel”. Variety. Retrieved September 17, 2017.
- ^ Kroll, Justin (October 20, 2017). ” Blade Runner Breakout Sylvia Hoeks Joins Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Sequel”. Variety. Retrieved October 21, 2017.
- ^ Jump up to: a b Kroll, Justin (November 17, 2017). ” Dragon Tattoo Sequel Taps The Square Star Claes Bang as Villain”. Variety. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- ^ Kroll, Justin (November 29, 2017). ” Mindhunter ‘s Cameron Britton Joins Dragon Tattoo Sequel”. Variety. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- ^ Kroll, Justin (December 6, 2017). ” Dragon Tattoo Sequel Casts Borg/McEnroe Star in Daniel Craig’s Previous Role”. Variety. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- ^ ” ‘Get Out’ Actor Lakeith Stanfield Joins ‘Girl in the Spider’s Web’ “. hollywoodreporter. com.
- ^ Vlessing, Etan (February 6, 2018). “Stephen Merchant Joins ‘Dragon Tattoo’ Sequel ‘Girl in the Spider’s Web’ “. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 22, 2018.
- ^ Kroll, Justin (February 8, 2018). ” ‘Phantom Thread’ Star Vicky Krieps Joins ‘Dragon Tattoo’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)”. Variety. Retrieved February 17, 2018.
- ^ N’Duka, Amanda (March 14, 2018). “Sope Aluko Cast In ‘Venom’; Andreja Pejić Joins ‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’; James Trevena-Brown In ‘Charlie Says’ “. deadline. com.
- ^ “Claire Foy wins her second SAG Award for The Crown”. The New Indian Express. January 22, 2018. Retrieved February 17, 2018.
- ^ “THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER’S WEB – Stockholm Photo Call”. April 14, 2018. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- ^ Flint, Hanna (April 16, 2018). “Claire Foy reveals Lisbeth Salander hair transformation as ‘The Girl in the Spider’s Web’ wraps”. Yahoo!. Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- ^ “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) – Financial Information”. The Numbers.
- ^ “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” – via www. imdb. com.
- ^ “The Girl in the Spider’s Web (2018) – Financial Information”. The Numbers.
- ^ “CinemaScore”. CinemaScore. Archived from the original on April 13, 2022. Retrieved April 16, 2022.
- ^ “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”. Rotten Tomatoes.
- ^ “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”. Metacritic.
- ^ “The Girl in the Spider’s Web (2018)”. Rotten Tomatoes.
- ^ “The Girl in the Spider’s Web”. Metacritic.
Why are there 2 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movies?
Columbia Pictures Why did Hollywood feel the need to make the film version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo right after the Swedish version came out? —Stacy Holmstedt, via Facebook You expect Americans to read subtitles and follow high intrigues among the fjords? You flatter your brethren. Americans, I am told, do not want to read subtitles, and our pickiness doesn’t end there: We also want a familiar director (hi, David Fincher ), perkier chase scenes, a recognizable male lead ( preferably one who doubles as James Bond ), and so on. Hence, we’re getting a Girl who looks like Rooney Mara , even though there’s already one out there who looks like Noomi Rapace.
Don’t take my word for it. “American audiences typically hate subtitles,” says Tonia Edwards , who teaches film and media at Georgia State University, specializing in international cinemas. “For most foreign films, it’s an insurmountable challenge.
” Indeed: Even though Girl was based on a bestselling novel, the Swedish version only grossed $10 million or so in the U. Wait, you cry! Isn’t it more profitable to import a movie that makes $10 million than to spend a estimated $100 million on a new version? The answer? No! Get this: Hollywood stands to make more money worldwide if it shells out for the remake.
Really. “Even with a smaller initial investment, the margins aren’t appealing for larger firms that have the ability and resources necessary to offer large-scale distribution of a film,” Edwards explains.
The result: We get two girls with two dragon tattoos. Skaal ..
Is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a trilogy?
|First edition (Swedish)|
|Original title||Män som hatar kvinnor|
|Translator||Reg Keeland, pseudonym of Steven T. Murray|
|Genre||Crime , mystery , thriller , Scandinavian noir|
|Publisher||Norstedts Förlag (Swedish)|
|Publication date||August 2005|
|Published in English||January 2008|
|Media type||Print ( paperback , hardback )|
|ISBN||978-91-1-301408-1 (Swedish) ISBN 978-1-84724-253-2 (English)|
|Followed by||The Girl Who Played with Fire|
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (original title in Swedish : Män som hatar kvinnor , lit. ‘ Men Who Hate Women ‘) is a psychological thriller novel by Swedish author and journalist Stieg Larsson (1954–2004). It was published posthumously in 2005, translated into English in 2008, and became an international bestseller.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is the first book of the Millennium series.
What’s the difference between The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 2009 and 2011?
Lisbeth Backstory – The backstory of the character of Lisbeth Salander is one that is shrouded in mystery in all iterations of the story. A significant event in her past that provides insight into her current living conditions is what happened to her father. In the 2009 version, it is specifically shown in a flashback scene that she douses him in petrol and burns him alive. In the 2011 adaptation of Dragon Tattoo , Lisbeth simply tells Mikael, unprompted, that she killed her father in a matter-of-fact way.
How can I watch the Dragon Tattoo trilogy?
Who played Lisbeth Salander the best?
Portrayals in films [ edit ] – Mara’s portrayal of Lisbeth Salander in the 2011 American remake attracted critical acclaim from commentators. In 2009, the Swedish film and television studio Yellow Bird produced a trilogy of films based upon the first three novels. In these films, Salander is played as an adult by Noomi Rapace and as a child by Tehilla Blad. Rapace received a BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role nomination in 2011.
Is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo based on a true story?
Answer and Explanation: – No, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is not a true story. However, Stieg Larsson gained his inspiration from real events. When he was fifteen, he stood. See full answer below.
Why didnt they make a sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?
Reiner Bajo / CTMG, Inc. / Sony Pictures Entertainment When the dark thriller The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo hit shelves in 2005 it was a smash success. People couldn’t get enough of the edgy-but-damaged Lisbeth Salander and her mission to destroy the men who once tried to destroy her.
Safe to say, it was a story well before its time… This franchise, which includes the books The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest , might be one of the most iconic and controversial franchises of the last decade.
The 2011 film based on the novel by Stieg Larsson and starring Rooney Mara as Lisbeth and Daniel Craig as journalist Mikael Blomkvist, put Mara on the map earning her a Best Actress Oscar nomination and A-lister status. However, as the years ticked by, a sequel to the film based on Larsson’s second book in the franchise, The Girl Who Played with Fire , was stalled.
Now, on Nov. 9, The Girl in the Spider’s Web: A New Dragon Tattoo Story is hitting the screen, penned by a new author and without Mara as Lisbeth. While the heart of the story has always appealed to audiences across the globe, behind the scenes, the fight to get this franchise to American audiences has been one of great turmoil.
From an intense casting process to a seven year wait for a sequel, the backstory of this franchise may be even more interesting than the gritty noir movie itself. Chris Jackson/Getty Images 1. The 2011 film is the second time this series has been made into a movie.
- The first three books in the series were made into Swedish films starring actress Noomi Rapace;
- In fact, Rapaci was rumored to be reprising her role for the American version but declined in order to portray new characters;
Columbia 2. The original name of the film was completely different. The Swedish title was Män som hatar kvinnor, which translates in English to Men Who Hate Women. Vintage Crime/Black Lizard 3. The first book was published after Stieg Larsson’s death. The author had originally planned on writing ten books for this series , which he called The Millennium series, but unfortunately, he passed away suddenly from a heart attack in 2004.
Knopf Doubleday 4. The newest story was written by a different author. The Girl in the Spider’s Web is a continuation of Larsson’s work, but written by Swedish author David Lagercrantz with the blessing of Larsson’s estate , which includes his father and brother.
“We see it as a way of offering his many readers the continuation they have been longing for. We chose David Lagercrantz because we think he is highly suited to the task. David is a skilled writer who has portrayed odd characters and complex geniuses throughout his career.
- He will be doing it his own way,” Joakim Larsson and Erland Larsson released in a statement about the newest story;
- IBL/Shutterstock 5;
- Larsson wrote a fourth book that will probably never see the light of day;
While his father and brother may have been happy to continue the series, Larsson’s girlfriend of 30 years, Eva Gabrielsson , has some very different opinions. The couple never married, which unfortunately means Gabrielsson has no rights when it comes to the work and estate of her late lover.
It is believed that she is in possession of Larsson’s laptop which has the beginning of what would have been the fourth book in the series. But if Gabrielsson has anything to say about it, there is zero likelihood she will ever release it.
“[I am] extremely furious that his legacy is being handled like a sack of potatoes, chopped up into chips that are sellable, he would have been furious and he would have gone to a great extent to exact revenge,” she wrote in her memoir Millennium, Stieg and Me.
- EPA/JUSTIN LANE /LANDOV 6;
- Daniel Craig was allegedly the reason the sequel stalled originally;
- Although there was a finished script for The Girl Who Played with Fire , the film was put on hold allegedly due to Craig’s desire for increased pay;
After his box office success with Skyfall , Craig was reportedly looking for a bigger payday. There was even talk of writing his character out of the second film. David Fisher/REX/Shutterstock 7. The role of Lisbeth originally almost went to Scarlett Johansson.
- The actress was almost cast, but director David Fincher thought she was too sexy for the role;
- “Look, we saw some amazing people;
- Scarlett Johansson was great;
- It was a great audition, I’m telling you;
- But the thing with Scarlett is, you can’t wait for her to take her clothes off,” he told Vogue in an interview;
Columbia Pictures 8. Mara took up smoking and actually got her nipple pierced for the film. It was a way for her to feel like she was always in character, even when naked. “I’m naked quite a lot in the movie, and I thought, ‘She has it in the book, and she should have it [in the movie].
- ‘ Because of all the tattoos and the makeup and the piercings, and the physical transformations my body has to go through, it would always feel sort of like I was in costume, even if I was naked;
- It just felt like a good one to get—a necessary one to get,” she told Allure;
Columbia Pictures 9. Mara won’t be involved in the latest film. While Mara has previously expressed her interest in reprising the role , the newest story in the franchise is moving forward without her involvement. Instead, The Crown ‘s Claire Foy will be taking the reigns of Lisbeth.
How many books are in the series of the girl with a dragon tattoo?
- Stieg Larsson
- David Lagercrantz
- Reg Keeland
- George Goulding
- Print ( hardback & paperback )
Millennium is a series of best-selling and award-winning Swedish crime novels , created by journalist Stieg Larsson. The two primary characters in the saga are Lisbeth Salander , an asocial computer hacker with a photographic memory , and Mikael Blomkvist , an investigative journalist and publisher of a magazine called Millennium. Larsson planned the series as having 10 installments, but completed only three before his sudden death in 2004.
  All three were published posthumously by Norstedts Förlag: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in 2005, The Girl Who Played with Fire in 2006, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest in 2007. Larsson’s novels were originally printed in Swedish by Norstedts Förlag , with English editions by Quercus in the United Kingdom and Alfred A.
Knopf in the United States translated by Steven “Reg Keeland” T. Murray. The books have since been translated by many publishers in over 50 countries. By March 2015, 80 million copies of the first three books had been sold worldwide. In 2013, Norstedts Förlag commissioned Swedish author and crime journalist David Lagercrantz to continue the Millennium series with Larsson’s characters.
- Lagercrantz’s first novel in the series, The Girl in the Spider’s Web , was published in 2015;
- Another installment, The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye , followed in 2017;
- His third novel, The Girl Who Lived Twice , was published in August 2019;
With Lagercrantz’s first two installments, the Millennium series had sold over 100 million copies worldwide by May 2019, making it one of the best-selling book series in history. In November 2021, publishing house Polaris acquired the rights to the series from Larsson’s estate and announced that a new trilogy of books would be written by Swedish author Karin Smirnoff.
Are there 2 versions of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, then, is a rare example of a hugely popular novel that has spawned not one but two well-made adaptations.
What order is the girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy?
Q: What order is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy? Write your answer Submit Still have questions? Find more answersAsk your question Related questions Is the girl with the dragon tattoo the first in the trilogy? yes, one od three 1. The girl with the dragon tattoo 2.
What is the girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie about?
|The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo|
|Theatrical release poster|
|Directed by||David Fincher|
|Screenplay by||Steven Zaillian|
|Based on||The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
|Running time||158 minutes |
|Budget||$90 million |
|Box office||$239. 3 million |
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a 2011 neo-noir psychological thriller film based on the 2005 novel by Swedish writer Stieg Larsson. It was directed by David Fincher with a screenplay by Steven Zaillian. Starring Daniel Craig as journalist Mikael Blomkvist and Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander , it tells the story of Blomkvist’s investigation to find out what happened to a girl from a wealthy family who disappeared 40 years prior.
- He recruits the help of Salander, a computer hacker;
- Sony Pictures Entertainment began development on the film, a co-production of the United States, United Kingdom, Sweden and Germany, in 2009;
- It took the company a few months to obtain the rights to the novel, while also recruiting Zaillian and Fincher;
The casting process for the lead roles was exhaustive and intense; Craig faced scheduling conflicts, and a number of actresses were sought for the role of Lisbeth Salander. The script took over six months to write, which included three months of analyzing the novel.
The film premiered at Odeon Leicester Square in London on December 12, 2011. A critical and commercial success, the film grossed $232. 6 million on a $90 million budget and received highly positive reviews from critics, who praised Craig and Mara’s performances as well as the film’s somber tone.
The film was chosen by National Board of Review as one of the top ten films of 2011 and was a candidate for numerous awards, winning, among others, the Academy Award for Best Film Editing ,  while Mara’s performance earned her an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
Who are the actors in the girl with the Dragon Tattoo?
Once Hollywood jumped on the Stieg Larsson bandwagon, director David Fincher helmed the American adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, casting Daniel Craig as Blomkvist and Rooney Mara as Salander.
Who wrote the girl with the Dragon Tattoo?
Swedish author Stieg Larsson wrote The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and its sequels, The Girl Who Played with Fireand The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest.