How To Tattoo With A Tattoo Pen?
How To Do A Homemade Tattoo With Pen Ink? –
- The first step in order to doing a homemade tattoo is to gather all of the supplies you’ll need. You’ll need a needle, pen ink, rubbing alcohol, and an eyedropper. If you don’t have an eyedropper, then a syringe will work just as well.
- Next, sterilize all of your supplies by pouring rubbing alcohol into a bowl and soaking them in it for three minutes or so.
- Once your tattoo supplies have been sterilized then you can start making your ink! Start filling the eyedropper with ink until it gets close to being full (but not quite). Carefully remove the top from the pen and pour some of the ink into it; repeat this process until both the eyedropper and pen are full. Make sure that you don’t overfill either one of them – if you do, then this could cause streaks in your tattoo!
- You can use any type of pen you want to make a homemade tattoo, but it’s best to use a cheap one so that you don’t waste too much ink. Now, hold the pen vertically and place the eyedropper on top of it. Then, fill up the rest of the pen with ink using the eyedropper.
- While keeping the pen vertical, turn your hand upside down and shake out any excess ink until there is only about half an inch left in your hand. Next, create your design on paper by writing over and over again with your homemade tattoo pen; remember that you can always add more lines or color later if you want to!
- The last step is pretty simple – just press your homemade tattoo against your skin and pull away quickly! If you do this correctly then there should be a nice imprint of whatever design you drew on paper on your skin!
What voltage should you tattoo at?
How to tattoo: lining, needle depth and voltage
Thanks For Submitting Your Message! – Check back here to see your message once we’ve reviewed it. What voltage do people use for lining and shading when using a tattoo pen? Submitted by: Gary John Wood 2 years ago 1 Answers Reading Time: < 1 minute Hi Gary, voltage settings are always depending on your style of tattooing, the machine you are using and your personal taste. You should take time with your machine to find out which voltage is the right for you and the machine. Generally most artists use voltages around 7v-9v for lining (8 should be a good start) and 8-10v for shading. Please login or Register to submit your answer Want to know something you can't find here? Ask A Question.
How deep should a tattoo needle go?
Just How Far Does The Needle Go? – Now that you know a little more about the machine and the needle, it’s time to discuss the third essential piece of the puzzle—your skin. The tattoo needle goes through 1/16th of an inch of skin. That might not sound like a lot of skin, but it is really going through five sublayers of the epidermis, the dermal layer, and also the top layer of the dermis.
- Among these layers is a collection of sweat glands, hair follicles, connective tissue, fat, and blood vessels;
- During a tattoo session, the needle passes through the epidermis and epidermal-dermal junction, opening a passage in the 2mm-thick dermis;
The dermis is ideal for a couple of reasons. It is far enough not to bleed out and isn’t exposed. Knowing this, the tip of the tattoo needle is minutely adjusted to ensure that it enters the skin to the correct depth. If you were to look at a tattoo needle in the machine, you will see that it sticks out no further than 2mm.
Can you give yourself a permanent tattoo with pen ink?
Final Thoughts – As you may have noticed, we seriously advise people not to do any DIY, homemade tattoo, especially the stick-and-poke kind with pen ink. This can be seriously dangerous and can put your health at risk. It is always better to go get professionally tattooed than to risk skin and tattoo infection. What we’re trying to say is that DIY tattoos aren’t simply worth it! Also Read:
- 5 Best Stick-and-Poke Tattoo Kits (2022 Updated)
- 6 Stick and Poke Ink Alternatives (And Why You Shouldn’t use Them)