Where Does It Hurt The Most To Get A Tattoo?
TATTOO PAIN : Most Painful Places for Tattoos
– Tattoos may take minutes to hours to add to your body, but they last a lifetime. Pain should be only one consideration of getting a tattoo. Removing a tattoo is a much more time-consuming and painful process, and has mixed results. Before getting a tattoo, consider:
- risks of infection, allergic reactions to dyes, scarring, and blood-borne diseases
- whether you’ll regret the design of your tattoo
- whether the appearance of your tattoo might change if you gain weight or become pregnant
- the placement of your tattoo, and whether you want the option of hiding it under clothing
Where does it hurt to get a tattoo?
Most Painful Tattoo Spots – Many of the most painful tattoo spots are bonier regions of the body, as our tattoo pain chart shows. If the bones are closer to the skin (meaning they don’t have much padding), getting tattooed is likely to feel more painful there.
- Learn the top seven most painful areas to get a tattoo, as ranked by tattoo artists and enthusiasts in our pain level survey;
- We asked respondents to rank pain levels for each body part they’ve had tattooed on a scale of 1 to 10, with one being the lowest and 10 being the highest;
Get Removal Estimate.
Are tattoos more painful for women?
If you’re getting a tattoo cover up, the pain level may feel lower than when you first had the spot tattooed. One study has shown that women tend to experience pain more intensely than men, which suggests that a tattoo could be somewhat more painful for some women.
Does it hurt to get a tattoo on your ankle?
Ankles and shins – Your ankle bones and shinbones lie just beneath thin layers of skin, making it very painful to be tattooed in these areas. Ankle and shin tattoos usually cause severe pain. It’s about the same level of pain caused by tattooing over your rib cage.
What is the least painful part of the body to tattoo?
Upper outer thigh – This part of the body is well padded with fat and has few nerve endings. The upper outer thigh is one of the least painful places to get a tattoo, with pain low to low-moderate in most people.