What Does A Triangle Tattoo Mean?
Key Takeaways –
- Triangle tattoos symbolize connection, harmony, creativity, wisdom, and growth.
- In the spiritual sense, it also refers to the Holy Trinity – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The three sides of the triangle can mean different things – love, wisdom, and faith; past, present, and future; father, mother, and child; or mind, body, and spirit.
- You can get this tattoo inked on your arm, wrist, neck, thigh, or leg.
- Taurus Tattoo Designs With Their Meanings
Was this article helpful?.
What is the meaning of triple triangle tattoo?
Triquetra tattoo Some pagans believe the three interlocking parts of the triquetra symbolize the connectedness of the earth, sea and sky. Christians came to use these meaningful tattoos to illustrate the Trinity, the idea that God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all one entity.
What does a triangle symbol mean?
A powerful symbol with many meanings Triangles represent balance, harmony and equilibrium, and they are also closely associated with the number three, which many see as the perfect number.
What is the meaning of the 2 triangle tattoo?
Triangles Pointed Downward – If you see the double triangles both pointed in a downward direction, chances are that the individual sporting this tattoo is a woman. This is a female sign, as a male triangle sign would be facing upward. This downward double triangle on a female can symbolize their femininity, maternity, Earth, mother nature, and the cosmic world. Two downward facing triangles can represent all of these things and be a reminder to the individual that they are the supporters of life.
What is the biblical meaning of a triangle?
God is represented as a triangle, symbolising the Trinity ; the sacred tetragrammaton ‘Yahweh’ is written in the centre.
What is the meaning of an upside down triangle?
The Upside Down Triangle was actually created by the Nazis during the Holocaust. German soldiers would make prisoners wear different colored triangle badges on their jackets to categorize groups that included Jewish people, Gypsies, Jehovah Witnesses, anti-Nazi Germans, and Homosexuals.
- Pink triangles were given to gay people;
- Even after the concentration camps were liberated, many gay people remained imprisoned because the German Constitution categorized homosexuality as a felony;
- After the early 1970’s publication of concentration camp survivor Heinz Heger’s memoir The Men with the Pink Triangle, many gay and lesbian rights groups used the pink triangle as an act of reclamation;
In the 1980’s Groups like Act-Up used the triangle as their call to arms for change. Today we see the triangle as a symbol of pride. The Pride Network is selling Triangle Pins as a fundraiser because of it’s history. For a $50. 00 donation, we will send you a pin and all of the proceeds will go directly to our programming for LGBTQ Youth. .