What Age Can You Get A Tattoo In California?
- Piercing of the earlobes and piercing for medical purposes are exempted from this legislation;
- Does not include emancipated minors;
- Violators are guilty of a misdemeanor and will be fined a maximum of $500;
Subsequent violations within one year of the initial violation will be subject to a fine of between $500 and $1,000.
What is the legal age to get a tattoo in California?
What are the penalties if a person violates this section? – If a party is guilty of tattooing a minor, he is charged with a misdemeanor. The offense is punishable by:
- imprisonment in the county jail for not more than six months; and/or,
- a maximum fine of $1,000.
Please note that in lieu of jail time a judge may order a defendant to misdemeanor probation. This is also called ” summary ” or ” informal ” probation.
What do you need to get a tattoo license in California?
Annual Renewals – Your tattoo license must be renewed every year before the expiration date. Your county health department will send you a renewal notice a month or two before it expires. When you get this notice, start making plans to take your training and update your Hepatitis B vaccine, if necessary.
The bloodborne pathogens exposure control training must be taken every year before you can renew your license. You’ll complete the same form to renew your license as when you originally applied. Submit the form to the health department with your renewal fee, and a new body art photo ID card will be mailed to you.
There’s no need to take a photo for renewals, although you can if you want. If not, the photo you originally submitted will be used.
- To get your tattoo license in California, you must be over 18 and vaccinated against Hepatitis B. You also must complete a county-approved training course in bloodborne pathogens exposure control.
How do I open a tattoo shop in California?
One of the American Dreams is to own and operate your own business. If you are a particularly gifted artist, you may want to open a tattoo shop. If you live in California, you need to comply with very specific laws in order to get your business off the ground and running.
Is it illegal to get a tattoo on your head in California?