How To Tell A Tattoo Artist What You Want?
Bring References – Have you ever been in a situation where you know exactly what you want to say, but you just can’t find the right words? It’s frustrating, right? Unfortunately, your tattoo artist can’t read your mind. This means you might not be able to portray exactly what you want by just describing it. Instead, take:
- A picture of a theme that you want to include
- An object that gives you inspiration
- A photo of a color scheme that you like
- Your drawing, if you feel creative
Tattoos are art , and artwork needs inspiration. Find yours and then bring a reference so your artist can understand what you’re thinking.
How do you find out what tattoo you want?
Do tattoo artists draw what you want?
Asking Them To Draw Something For You – Many people expect tattoo artists to make all their design dreams come true, without offering any input. But that’s just not how the process works. It’s important to “have an idea of what you want for a tattoo and where you want it and describe it,” Palomino says.
- From there, it’ll be easier for them to create something from scratch — using your ideas as a guideline;
- Artists can even take your design and add their own creative spin;
- So if you want something truly unique, let them know you want them to include their own flair;
This is, after all, a type of collaboration. And there’s definitely a lot of etiquette to keep in mind when getting a tattoo , as a result. But that doesn’t mean you can’t speak up. If something isn’t to your liking, isn’t going as planned, or is uncomfortable, let the artist know.