How To Make Black Ink For Tattoo?
Ancient Tattoo Ink – Many ancient cultures created their own tattoo pigment inks from natural materials. One of the simplest recipes called for mixing the ashes of completely burned wood with water to create a crude black ink. Carbonized black ash from burned wood makes very dense black ink, but it’s better to use something other than water as your diluent.
How to use a bottle of black tattoo ink?
- 1 Light a kerosene lamp with a lighter. Allow the flame to become stable by waiting for a few minutes before proceeding ahead to the next step. Image Courtesy: justenoughlight. com
- 2 Now you need to gather lots of soot on a piece of sheet metal. Place the metal sheet above the kerosene lamp flame. Adjust it so the distance between the flame and the sheet should not be more than 3/4 of an inch. Allow soot from the lamp flame to collect on the metal sheet for about 30 minutes. To keep the lamp flame stable, you need to adjust the lamp wick periodically. com
- 3 Put out the flame and set aside the kerosene lamp. Give some time to the sheet to cool down.
- 4 Now you need to scrape off soot from the metal sheet into a bowl. After you have scrapped off all the soot, measure its amount. Boil a cup full of tap water and set it aside. Image Courtesy: petaledew. blogspot. com
- 5 Place equal parts of rubbing alcohol in a bowl and let the soot liquefy. To speed up the process and to completely dissolve the soot in rubbing alcohol, blend the contents of the bowl using an electric blender. When the contents are completely mixed, add equal parts of boiling water and blend again until the mixture attains ink-like consistency.
- 6 Take a 1 ounce plastic bottle and place two small ball bearings in it. Fill the plastic bottle with ink. You have your first bottle of black tattoo ink ready. When you use it in the future, shake the bottle before use until you can hear rattling sound of the ball bearings.