How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Tattoo In Oregon?
18 This article uses bare URLs, which may be threatened by link rot.
|State||Minimum Age (with parent/guardian consent)|
|Oregon||18 (piercings excepted)|
|Rhode Island||18 (piercings excepted)|
|South Carolina||18 (piercings excepted)|
Can you get a tattoo at 17 in Oregon?
Penalties for Tattooing a Minor – If you’re 17 and want a tattoo in Oregon, it’s not likely you’ll find a tattoo artist who is willing to bend the rules for you – not even if your birthday is next week. A tattoo artist who tattoos someone under the age of 18 in violation of state law incurs a $1,000 fine for the first offense.
How old do you have to be to get a tattoo?
••• Belyjmishka/iStock/GettyImages It’s no wonder many teenagers are excited to get their first tattoo. Tattoo artists have become reality TV stars, and famous actors, athletes and musicians are covered in tattoos. Body art seems to be a pretty cool thing. But the state of Oregon says “Not so fast!” If you want to get a tattoo in Oregon, you must be at least 18 years old, even if your parent would consent.
What education do you need to be a tattoo artist in Oregon?
Minimum Age for Becoming a Tattoo Artist – Not only do you have to be 18 to get a tattoo, you also have to be at least 18 to become a licensed tattoo artist. As proof of identity, you must produce two forms of original identification issued by a federal, state or local government agency in the United States.
- You must show this identification when you sit for the licensing examination;
- In addition to being over 18, you must have a high school diploma or a G;
- and additional education from an Oregon licensed tattooing career school;
Minimum education requirements include 360 hours of training and a minimum of 50 completed procedures as an apprentice.
- You must be at least 18 years old to get a tattoo in the state of Oregon, regardless of parental consent. Municipalities may set higher age requirements.
Can a 14 year old get a tattoo in Idaho?
What Should The Age Limit Be For Tattoos? | Tattoo Artists Answer
- No tattooing, branding, or body piercing of minors under the age of 14.
- Minors aged 14-18 need the written consent and the presence of the parent or legal guardian to receive a piercing or tattoo.