How Expensive Is Laser Tattoo Removal?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), in 2020, the cost of laser tattoo removal averaged $423 (not counting related expenses). Removing a large, detailed piece could cost $4,000 or more. Some providers have a flat fee for removal up to a certain size.
What determines the cost of laser tattoo removal?
Your tattoo’s location on your body plays a big role in determining laser tattoo removal costs as well. Why? Location affects how long the tattoo takes to remove (i. , how many sessions you need). When a tattoo is faded through laser-removal treatments, the pigment in the subcutaneous layer of skin called the dermis is broken up.
What is the best laser for tattoo removal?
Laser Technology – The laser being used has a BIG impact on price Out-dated technology, and less powerful systems are still being used by some clinics. Class 4, Q-Switched lasers need to be used, and they’re not cheap. The best laser on the market is the Quanta, which we use here at Ink Revoke.
It’s cleared by the FDA to produce full removals on most ink colors and ALL skin types. Picosecond lasers like the PicoSure are extremely expensive. Therefore, the cost to have your tattoo removed by them is also expensive.
How expensive? Roughly between $200 and $1000 per treatment The verdict is out on these devices, and they’re NOT removing ink any faster like they claim.
How many sessions does it take to remove a tattoo?
How Tattoo Removal Cost Is Calculated – The cost of tattoo removal varies based on size, color, tattoo age, and other factors. Tattoo removal cost is calculated by size and desired tattoo removal result. What that means is that the number of sessions, which is dependent on protocol and technology used, accounts for tattoo age, color, depth, and density.
- Your tattoo removal price will most strongly depend on the number of sessions required;
- Typically, tattoo removal takes Eight to ten sessions, and the total tattoo removal cost will depend on the total number of sessions required;
Regardless of the details of your situation, Removery is well equipped to handle any type of tattoo removal. Now, let’s take a closer look at each of the main factors that determine the cost of tattoo removal to give you a better sense of what your tattoo removal journey might look like.
How much does it cost to fade a tattoo?
Tattoo removal companies have different methods of calculating fees –
- Tattoo Removal Cost By inch
- Tattoo Removal By size category (e. , knuckle, hand, sleeve)
- A flat rate per removal session
Some companies charge $10–25 per inch for removal. Someone removing a 36-square-inch tattoo might pay $400 for a session, whereas someone with a 4-square-inch tattoo might pay $175. Usually, the more inches you pay for, the less you pay per inch. Other companies charge by size category. For example, they might charge $100 for a knuckle tattoo, $200 for a tattoo on the top of the hand, $300 for a quarter sleeve, and $400 for a half sleeve.
- Again, prices vary by geographic location;
- At Removery, we understand that many people are undergoing financial stress due to the current economic situation in this time of crisis;
- Tattoo removal prices can be tough for many people to afford all at once;
Therefore, we offer tattoo removal financing through various payment plans, ranging from six months to five years, to make your decision a little easier. When removing tattoos, cost shouldn’t hold you back. Our aim is to help you move on with your life rather than putting your life on hold.
- We also pride ourselves on fair tattoo removal pricing options that give you access to the highest quality service;
- Additionally, if removal takes fewer sessions than expected and you’ve purchased a package, we’ll refund the remaining sessions;
If it takes longer than ten sessions, we’ll provide up to six more treatments at no additional cost.