How Do I Take Care Of My Tattoo?
Aftercare for Your Tattoo – So, how can you make sure that new tattoo is something you don’t end up regretting? Follow these steps while your new tattoo heals.
- Be sure your artist covers your new tattoo in a thin layer of petroleum jelly and a bandage.
- Remove the bandage after 24 hours. Gently wash the tattoo with antimicrobial soap and water and be sure to pat dry.
- Apply a layer of antibacterial/Vaseline ointment twice a day, but don’t put on another bandage.
- Gently wash your tattoo area twice a day with soap and water and gently pat dry before reapplying the antibacterial/Vaseline ointment.
- Keep applying a moisturizer or ointment after you clean it to keep it moist.
You should repeat this process for 2 to 4 weeks. Also try not to wear clothes that will stick to your tattoo, and avoid swimming and the sun for about 2 weeks. And take cool showers. Scalding hot water will not only hurt, but it can also fade the ink. Wear a physical blocker sunscreen with at least 7% zinc oxide sunscreen during the daylight hours and/or cover it up (with clothing, a bandage).
How do I take care of my Tattoo on my face?
Healing Your Tattoo – Fresh tattoos are essentially just cool-looking wounds and, like any wound, they need to be kept clean and dry if you want them to heal properly. Since the overall outcome of your tattoo depends heavily on how well you look after it during this stage, it’s vital you take this step seriously. But if you’re unsure, here are some key points to keep in mind when caring for your new ink from a fellow tattooed person: Scroll to Continue
- Once home, you can remove the cling-film that has been protecting your artwork.
- Gently wash your fresh tattoo after a few hours with unscented, antibacterial liquid soap.
- Gently dab your tattoo dry. Be sure to avoid rough towels or cloths.
- Apply a thin, even layer of unscented moisturising cream.
- Repeat the washing/moisturising process between 3 and 5 times each day.
- I repeat, keep your tattoo clean and dry. No dunking it in the bath or swimming pools, unless your aim is to get an infection.
- Embrace your inner vampire and stay out of direct sunlight.
- Resist the overwhelming urge to pick the flaking skin or scratch your tattoo.
How to take care of a forearm tattoo?
Always use lukewarm water and a reputable Tattoo Soap during the first three weeks when you wash your forearm tattoo. Apply Tattoo Aftercare Cream or Tattoo Ointments at least three to four times a day for the first three weeks.
How to wash a new tattoo?
After cleaning the hands, you will wash the tattoo with antibacterial, fragrance-free soap, and lukewarm water. Days 2 to 3 – during these days, the ink is still fresh, so you may notice some excess ink when washing the tattoo.
How to take care of a spine tattoo?
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A TATTOO: –
- Head Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: While you’re preparing to get a head tattoo, you need to know that the process of recovering a head tattoo is delicate. Head Tattoo Aftercare is important to take seriously as this is the area of your skin where hair follicles grow and this makes the process very different from any other tattooed body part. After the first few days of having your head tattooed, the cleansing process is fairly easy, but when the hair starts to grow, the area of the colored skin becomes prickly.
- This not only causes itching, but also pushes the ink upwards;
- Applying head tattoo aftercare products can also be difficult as hair begins to grow in the area;
- Keeping your head tat clean with Tattoo Soap and applying Tattoo aftercare ointment sparsely is essential, and must be done carefully;
This helps the scabs come out and you may see exfoliation of dandruff-like colorful particles. Be gentle when washing, and this will assist the traumatized skin to recover easily.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @antoniamackotodisco
- Neck Tattoo Aftercare Instructions : Neck tattoos are the most visible forms of tattooing. Most of the designs are done in the nape of the neck, which is a very sensitive part of the muscle. It’s important to know that a neck tattoo hurts more than any other part of the body because the skin around the neck is very thin. The skin is very close to the bone and is padded by thin muscle layers, allowing the needles to reach closer to the bone.
It is also important to note that the skin around the neck is constantly in motion, which makes the recovery process longer. By rubbing clothing constantly, the risk of itching can increase from the friction.
Careful application of Neck Tattoo Aftercare Products will ensure that your tattoo can properly recover, and you’re less likely to have issues during the recovery process.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @victor_chill
- Throat Tattoo Aftercare Instructions : To ensure optimum safety of your throat tattoo, it’s important to understand that just like the front area of your neck, the back of the neck is a very delicate area. The process of recovering will take time and if you have long hair, it’s always advisable to tie up your hair so it’s not constantly rubbing against your neck tattoo. When necessary, apply Tattoo Aftercare Cream to help ease the itchy sensation. These Tattoo Aftercare Creams will also help the skin stay moisturized and should help to fuel faster recovery.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @dylanwebertattoos
- Stomach Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: A stomach tattoo is a very unique piece and there are certain precautions you need to take if you are to learn the right methods for stomach tattoo aftercare. Be sure to remain aware of your body and understand that the stomach area has loosely placed muscles and folds while you are sitting or bending. In the first few days after a stomach tattoo, continuous bending of your skin can cause damage. However, the damage is minimal and can be managed if precautions are taken.
While going out of your home, try to avoid direct exposure to the sun. It’s not advisable to spend excess amounts of time in the sun, but if you do be sure to use a strong Tattoo Sunscreen. A good amount of care and application of premium quality Tattoo Ointments will help you get the shine and the color of the tattoo as intended by the artist.
Always use high-quality Tattoo Ointments to moisturize the tattoo, which will support the recovery process and, if done correctly, leave no scars. As you finish getting tattooed and are on your way home, you need to prepare for the unpleasant but manageable discomfort you will encounter.
- Stomach tattoo’s brings a medium level of discomfort and will take some time for the area of your stomach to return to normal;
- Patience and caution are your best friend in this scenario;
- Like other areas of the skin, you need to carefully wash your colored area with delicate Tattoo Soap;
Dry the area and let it gradually recover.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @alanpadillaarte
- Lip Tattoo PMU Aftercare Instructions: Once you have finished your lip tattoo, you can see the colored area of your lip darker and bolder, but eventually the color fades. You will have to wait a few weeks to get your true color back. The entire recovery process can take 2-4 weeks, and keeping your lips dry can be a challenge. In the first few days, you will see redness and swelling. Over time, the redness and swelling will disappear.
On the first day, make sure that you do not touch your lips and if you need to touch your lips, make sure that your hands are washed. Dab your lips with Tattoo Ointment and do not ice your lips! The process of dabbing your lips should be done two to three times and you must (try) to make sure that your skin remains as dry as possible.
If you want to drink, make sure that you use a straw for the first three to four days. During this time you have to stay away from spicy and salty food. Kissing is not advised until the scab fully heals.
- Finger Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: When you get a tattoo on your finger or hand, you need to be very careful. Hand tattoos are very beautiful and visibility is very high, but at the same time tattoo maintenance is also an important factor to consider. It is recommended that you wash your hands with Tattoo Soap three to four times a day to prevent the growth of bacteria and viruses.
You will need to apply a small amount of the Tattoo Aftercare Cream from time to time to ensure that your tattoo remains moisturized so that it can heal properly. It is important to note that your hand is mostly exposed to the sun and this increases UV radiation exposure.
Extreme UV radiation exposure can lead to ink fading. Specially manufactured Tattoo Sunscreen can be used to help shield sunlight, although you should try to keep the fresh tattoo out of the sun for at least a week.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @mayonaize
- Hand Tattoo Aftercare and Wrist Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: The aftercare for your hand & wrist tattoo is the same as for your fingers. It’s i mportant to note that Finger tattoos may fade or spread over time, especially if it is near the palm area. As the whole, hands need to be used frequently, so it is necessary to clean your hand from time to time with Tattoo Soap and apply the Tattoo Aftercare Cream.
- As your hand is almost always exposed to the sun, do your best to keep your fresh ink out of the sun for at least 1 week;
- Applying Tattoo Sunscreen is highly recommended if you must be in the sun with fresh ink;
During the recovery days, be very careful and aware to protect your hand as best you can. The first few days swell and redness disappears within a week and the color of your tattoo normalizes. Ensure that you do not contaminate the area of your tattoo and dry the area after cleaning.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @jamesstrickland
- Butt Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: A butt tattoo can be difficult to manage. While you have the butt area of your skin inked, you need to make sure that every time you sit, you do it carefully. The butt area of your skin is more exposed to rubbing because it is covered continuously and every time you sit, it rubs on the surface of your clothing.
- You need to clean your hand at least three to four times a day to ensure a sanitary recovery experience;
- The recovery process may take longer, but you need to make sure you apply aftercare products frequently;
Tattoo Aftercare Products such as Tattoo Ointments must be applied three to four times a day and it is always recommended to wear loose pants for the first week to avoid extreme rubbing of the skin. As the muscles of your skin are weak and lose, you need to make sure you really give yourself adequate time to recover. Now, who gets the pleasure of seeing this masterpiece?
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @josephhaefstattooer
- Calf Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: The calf area of your leg will always be exposed to dirt when walking. If you have a calf tattoo, you must make sure that you cover the area of your colored skin to ensure that the area is not exposed to dirt. Avoid walking on wet surfaces for the first couple weeks until the peels finish. As you apply Tattoo Aftercare Products , make sure that your foot is at rest.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @karibarba
- Foot Tattoo Instructions / Ankle Tattooing Instructions: Ankles and feet are equally susceptible to infection if proper care is not taken. Try not to wear tight shoes for at least two to three weeks. You must take special care of your foot and ankle after the tattoo. Don’t get your ankle or foot wet, and it’s advisable to get a tattoo on your foot or ankle during the dry season. Some people avoid getting tattoos during the rainy season, as walking through mud or wet surfaces makes the area of your skin susceptible to infection.
- Initially after having a butt tattoo the area may feel like sunburn, it will gradually recover in 1-2 weeks and you’ll feel more comfortable with it;
- Walking barefoot can attract germs and dust that might create scaring, be sure to keep your fresh calf tattoo away from any unsanitary environment;
Be sure to apply Tattoo aftercare ointment occasionally to help the area recover more quickly.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @danielrochatat2
- Back of the Knee Tattoo Instructions: Skin around the back of the knee is relatively sensitive and this is one of the reasons why they take a long time to recover. Another important challenge that needs to be overcome when it comes to the back of the knee tattoo is that the knee has a joint that folds when we walk. So you need to make sure that the area where the tattoo is done is being thoroughly cleansed with Tattoo Soap and Tattoo Aftercare Cream is applied from time to time.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @jamieschene
- Knee Tattooing Guide: A knee tattoo looks nice, but as with all good things, getting a new tattoo comes with certain challenges. The skin area around the knee is extremely sensitive, making it difficult to get a tattoo. If you bend your knees, the skin folds around your knee, making it difficult when it comes to the recovery process. However, with the use of Tattoo Aftercare Cream regularly, and proper care for the area so that your skin can recover at a normal pace.
- This is the way through which the recovery process can be speeded up;
- The scabs and the flakes coming out of the area will itch, do your best to not itch! It is recommended that when the scabs start coming out you clean the area to remove the dead cells;
So if you get a knee tattoo, make sure you don’t bend the knee too much in the first few days. Read a book, relax and let your body heal!
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @chueyquintanar
- Thigh Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: Because the area of your thigh is sensitive and the muscles are soft, you need to make sure that you follow Thigh Tattoo Aftercare Instructions carefully and allow sufficient time for the area to recover. Be very patient! In the first few days you can see that the recovery process is very slow, but within one to two months the area of your tattoo and skin will be completely recover if you take care of the thigh area and apply Tattoo Ointments from time to time.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @josephhaefstattooer
- Quad Tattoo Aftercare Instructions & Leg Tattoo Aftercare: Quad tattoos are some of the most elegantly designed tattoos because the large area can provide your leg with a panoramic view. In most cases, your quad tattoo can often cause stabbing pain when you walk. Most of the time the area of your quads are covered and this can lead to constant rubbing of the skin. Therefore, you need to apply a Tattoo Aftercare Cream when the area is dry to support the tattoo recovery and bring it back to the normal state of your skin.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @jimsylviatattoo
- Forearm Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: Usually, if you plan to get a tattoo on your forearm, it doesn’t hurt as much because of the strong muscles that remain under your forearms. Forearm tattoos are very common because they hurt less and offer a wide canvas for the artist to design. Instructions for forearm tattoo aftercare vary depending on the size of the tattoo. You may prefer a large tattoo, but you should keep in mind that the time needed for recovery will be longer.
You need to make sure that the process of cleaning your tattooed skin is frequent and that it is hydrated when it dries is also an essential factor to consider. Here’s some tips on how often to moisturize a tattoo.
However, if you do a small tattoo on your forearm, the recovery process may be shorter. If the forearm tattoo extends over the entire sleeve, you must ensure that you wear sleeveless clothing for a few days so that the clothing does not rub against the skin that was inked.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @fred_tattoo
- Back Tattoo Instructions: Before you decide to tattoo your back, you need to take certain precautions and prepare yourself to ensure that the recovery process can be as smooth as possible. The back of your body is prone to pain, especially in the area of your love handles. If you are willing to have your back tattooed, make sure that you are ready to endure some discomfort in the first 2 weeks. Be aware of your body and potential signs of infection.
- Always use lukewarm water and a reputable Tattoo Soap during the first three weeks when you wash your forearm tattoo;
- Apply Tattoo Aftercare Cream or Tattoo Ointments at least three to four times a day for the first three weeks;
Make sure that after drying the tattoo in the lower back area, you are applying Tattoo Aftercare Cream and always keeping it moist but not excessively moisturizing! If you think you’ve over moisturized we’ve got you covered. Here’s some instruction on how to fix your over moisturized tattoo.
- You should also make sure that you stay away from the UV radiation from the sun until your back tattoo has completely recovered;
- Back tattoos might cause your sleeping positions to be temporarily changed;
Sleeping on your back is fine, by if possible try sleeping on your side or stomach to avoid pressure and movement during your slumber.
- Inkeeze Owner & Artist @carlostorresart
- Elbow Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: Getting an elbow tattoo can be a challenge because this is the area of your body that lacks air circulation. You need to make sure that when you get yourself inked in the elbow area you wear clothes that would allow the tattoo to breathe, but also not be in direct sunlight. Of course, be sure to apply a trusted Tattoo aftercare ointment to help the area of your skin recover faster by staying adequately moisturized.
- Inkeeze Owner & Sponsored Artist @franco_vescovi
- Outer Arms Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: The process of recovery for outer arm tattoos can take longer than normal. Like any part of your arm if you are wearing a full sleeve then the area of your arms will be covered and this will lead to rubbing of your cloth against the inked area of your skin. The friction created by rubbing your clothes can lead to an infection that needs to be avoided.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @arlotattoos
- Upper Shoulder/Shoulder Tattoo Aftercare Instructions : Shoulder tattoos stretch from the flat blades of your shoulder on your back to the collar bone in the front area. So shoulder tattoo can be subdivided into the upper shoulder tattoo and the front shoulder tattoo. The area of your shoulder can offer you a flat Canvas which is beneficial for the tattoo artist to design various patterns. The upper shoulder tattoo aftercare process is easy as compared to the other parts of the body.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @alexisvaateteart
- Ribs Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: The area of your skin around your ribs are soft and are filled with blood vessels. You need to make sure that extra care is taken when it comes to inking the area of your ribs. The blood vessels in that area will lead to swelling and soreness that may take time to recover. Apply Tattoo Aftercare Cream at least 4 to 5 times a day to make sure that the tattoo stays moisturized, and therefore can properly recover.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @victorportugal
- Spine Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: A spine tattoo is rad, as the area of your back provides a wide canvas for design. However, you need to know that the area of your spine where you get yourself inked will be hard to reach. For this reason, the process of Spine Tattoo Aftercare may be difficult. It’s suggested to have someone help to apply Tattoo Aftercare Cream properly a few times per day.
Using a proper application of Tattoo Aftercare Products is recommended to keep the tattoo moisturized and healthy while in the tattoo recovery phase. Wearing loose clothes is advised, and cleaning your shoulder tattoo with Tattoo Soap and applying Tattoo aftercare ointment will help your skin to recover faster.
TATTOO AFTERCARE: How I Heal My Tattoos
Like every part of your body, you must take good care of your back tattoo to make sure that it recovers properly. The spine area is covered almost all day. So the application of premium Tattoo Ointments is a necessity.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @victorportugal
- Chest Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: A Chest tattoo rightly defines the fact that beauty comes with a cost. The wide canvas offers the chest area of the skin being splashed with colors can be beautiful if you are ready to endure pain. This also indicates the fact that the process of recovery will be slow. But don’t worry you have some of the best Tattoo Aftercare Products available in the market that will help you to recover faster.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @alexisvaateteart
- Ear Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: The ear is the area of your skin that has no bones, but that doesn’t mean it’s not painful! The good news about getting an ear tattoo is that the process of recovering your ear tattoo is faster. That doesn’t mean that you avoid the aftercare part. You need to apply Tattoo Ointments from time to time to make sure that your tattoo stays moisturized, and healthy so it can live a happy (un-infected) life.
- Genitals Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: There is a common misconception that genital tattoos are tattoos that are designed in the actual area of your genitals. The area of genital tattoos can be designed in the pelvic area as well. However, this can be considered to be one the most delicate part of the muscles in your body. You need to be extremely careful in the process of tattooing and aftercare with regards to your genitals.
- Inkeeze Sponsored Artist @josephhaefstattooer
- Face Tattoo Aftercare Instructions, and surrounding areas: The Face is the area of your skin that is always espoused to air and light. However, after getting inked in the area of your face you must do your best to stay out of sunlight for at least 24 hours. It is very essential to wash your face with a gentle Tattoo Soap , and keep it moisturized with a Tattoo Aftercare Cream after the first few days.
- Inkeeze Owner & Artist @carlostorres
- Armpit Tattoo Aftercare Instructions: Armpits are moist and sweaty especially during the summers. The muscles folds and the skin in the area of your armpit rub to create an itchy feeling. Do your best to keep your fresh armpit tattoo dry, and of course (you guessed it) apply Tattoo Ointments every few hours to maintain nutrients and ‘good’ moisture.
- @inkeeze Brand Ambassador, @thehannahjensen showing off her armpit piece by @franco_vescovi