When Can I Go To The Gym After Tattoo?
– After finishing your tattoo, your tattoo artist will most likely suggest that you wait at least 48 hours before strenuous physical activity and heavy sweating. The important words are “at least. ” It generally takes 4 to 6 weeks for a wound to heal.
How long after getting a tattoo can you workout?
There are no specified rules on how long one should wait to work out after getting a tattoo. However, there are a few important factors one needs to consider before actually going back to the gym with fresh ink. The general rule is; you should not go back to exercising right after getting a tattoo.
Many would wonder why is waiting so necessary, and others would try to find the connection between tattooing aftermath and exercise. In the following paragraphs, we’ll tackle this issue and find the best, legit, and checked answers to the aforementioned questions.
So, if you’re wondering when and how you should work out after getting inked, then keep on reading!.
Can you go to the gym with a new tattoo?
Better Safe Than Sorry – What’s worse than a bad tattoo? Damaging a good tattoo so bad that it becomes a bad tattoo. You’re going to have a whole lifetime to go to the gym. Don’t worry about missing a few days or even a few weeks. Your tattoo is also going to be there your whole life.
- Don’t damage the new tattoo just because you really had to bench press;
- It’s not worth it;
- If you do notice that your tattoo is not healing properly, that it got damaged, or you want to speed up the healing process get some Bio Oil;
This is a product developed for stretch marks, but was recommended by a few of the tattoo artists I talked to..
Can You do cardio after getting a tattoo?
Wondering If YOU Can WORKOUT With A NEW Tattoo? Watch This!
How long until you can do cardio workouts after you get a tattoo? – You can do cardio workouts the next day after being tattooed. But, there are some things you must avoid to ensure your tattoo heals the best way possible. When doing a cardio workout after you get tattooed, make sure you are not wearing any tight clothing over the tattooed area.
- Also, make sure that nothing is vigorously rubbing against the tattooed area when working out;
- For example, you don’t want an ankle tattoo rubbing against your shoes and socks while you are running, or your shorts rubbing against a thigh tattoo;
If you are sweating a lot, it’s a non issue, no need to worry. Just take a shower after your workout, and follow your tattoo aftercare instructions. Also, make sure to wipe down any workout machines before and after you use them. When doing cardio in a public place, like a gym, make sure to cover your tattoo (no need to wrap it again, covering with your clothing will be fine) that way you don’t get anyone’s fluids in your tattoo. .
How long should you stay out of the Sun after tattooing?
Don’t swim – Most tattooists will suggest you avoid swimming for at least 2 weeks. Soaking your new tattoo before it has healed can break down the ink. Swimming in chemically treated pools can result in infection and irritation. Swimming in lakes, oceans, and other natural bodies of water can expose the open skin of your new tattoo to harmful bacteria.