What Tattoo Does Ariana Grande Have?
She has “GWS” written on her right-hand ring finger. – Grande posted this photo on June 27, 2020. @arianagrande/Instagram Some selfies that Grande shared in June 2020 revealed newer ink on the same finger as her famous heart tattoo. The small addition was initially impossible to make out, but thanks to the “Positions” music video , fans were able to deduce it says “GWS ” — an acronym for “Get Well Soon,” the closing track on Grande’s album “Sweetener.
How many tattoos does Ariana Grande have?
Updated 2020-10-23T14:52:00Z Ariana Grande debuted her 49th known tattoo, a butterfly, at the 2020 Grammy Awards. Valerie Macon/AFP via Getty Images
- Ariana Grande has gotten 55 tattoos that we know of, and the majority since the start of 2018.
- At least four were covered or altered after Grande split from her former fiancé, Pete Davidson.
- She also covered a matching tattoo with an ex on her toe and altered a Japanese phrase on her palm.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Since Ariana Grande permanently marked her body for the first time back in 2012 — a tiny heart on her toe to commemorate the making of her debut album “Yours Truly” — the pop star’s tattoo portfolio has expanded dramatically. The 27-year-old now lays claim to 55 known tattoos — and she got at least 40 of those since the start of 2018. Five have been completely covered by additional ink , but the rest are still at least somewhat visible, making appearances in various Instagram updates and music videos.
How did Ariana Grande cover up her’always’tattoo?
11. Ariana covered up her ‘always’ tattoo with a leaf – Ariana’s latest tattoo is an almost-cover up of the word ‘always’ on her ribs in Pete Davidson’s handwriting. On Instagram, she shared the picture of her new ‘leaf’ ink alongside the caption: “not a cover up just evolvin. ” (@arianagrande via Instagram)
What does Ariana Grande’s middle finger tattoo mean?
Similar Products: –
- Soma Art Tattoo $3. 99
- Wickedly Lovely $3. 50
- Atattood $3. 00
YouTube / Troye Sivan; Skyler2018 / BACKGRID This cloud on Ariana Grande’s middle finger was the first of many matching tattoos that she shares with her fiance, SNL comedian Pete Davidson. The tattoo was a shock to the world when it was seen at the Billboard Music Awards on May 20, 2018 as she had only officially announced her breakup with ex-boyfriend Mac Miller ten days earlier. Even more shocking was the news of Pete and Ariana’s engagement after only a few weeks of dating.
Everything with their relationship has moved rapidly. He told GQ “The day I met her I was like, ‘Hey, I’ll marry you tomorrow. ‘” And if that sounds fast, Ariana wanted to marry him years earlier when she barely knew him.
She revealed to Jimmy Fallon that she was smitten when she saw him in the writers’ room during one of her appearances on SNL two or three years prior and immediately joked to her tour manager “I’m marrying him, like 100 percent, like I’m literally marrying him.
” But she never revealed her crush to him and didn’t even get his number. When they finally starting talking, things got serious quickly. Ariana loves clouds and has used them in her merchandise for years, even naming her latest perfume after them.
Clouds also seem to have a personal meaning to the couple, perhaps representing how he ” fell from the sky into my lap ” as she sings on the aptly-named track “Pete Davidson. ” (more…).
Why does Ariana Grande have a tattoo of Pete Davidson’s dad?
Ariana Grande’s tattoos are the stuff of legends. You might catch a brief glimpse of them in a poorly-lit Instagram pic, but you never get a good enough look to tell exactly what they are. Before you can even develop a theory, she’s added new ink or covered up the old ones, so you’re left wondering whether they ever even existed in the first place.
And if there’s one thing Ari loves it’s getting tattoos, so there are plenty to analyze and speculate about. She’s covered herself in beloved cartoons, Harry Potter references, commemorative quotes for her various albums, and lots of symbols ( and cover-ups ) for ex-fiancé Pete Davidson.
So how many tattoos does she have exactly? Right now the count stands at 50+. To make your lurking easier, I’ve prowled the internet to find every one of Ariana Grande’s tattoos – the ones we know about at least – and their meanings. Flower Ari just hit us with yet another new quarantine tattoo.
- In her latest selfie , she showed off some new ink on her palm;
- Though the tat is super small in the pic, it looks to be the outline of a flower;
- Pretty! Vines and An Umbrella Seemingly in reference to her newest jam “Rain On Me,” Ariana added a tiny umbrella just below the olive brand on her thumb;
She also got twin vines around her wrist, a trademark of her favorite tattoo artist, Mira Mariah. A Blackout Ring Daaaamn, she even covered up Pete’s cover-up! First her ring finger said “Pete,” then she covered it with a black heart with an arrow (both pictured below), and now she blacked that out with a swirled ring design.
- Saturn and Stars She said, “I’ma need space” and she got it tattooed on her hand;
- Right next to her moon tattoo, Ari added a tiny ringed planet and stars;
- Butterflies Ari added these pretty new additions a while back, but only recently got them filled in;
The twin butterflies look lovely perched on her shoulder. “The Truman Show” Quote Though you can’t quite read it here, Elle reports that this tat is a quote from one of Ariana’s favorite movies, The Truman Show. It reads: “In case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.
- ” Venus Symbol and Cloud Ari repped her womanhood with a Venus symbol and on the same finger, a cloud to match the tattoo Pete Davidson has the same spot;
- Like the engagement ring it sits next to, this ink is no longer;
Always and Leaves During her tattoo-filled relationship with Pete Davidson, Ari got the word “always,” another Harry Potter reference. In the books, Dumbledore is shocked to find that Snape is still in love with Lily, to which he replies: “Always. ” Post-breakup, Ari added some of @girlknewyork ‘s trademark leaves over top.
- She noted to fans that it’s “not a cover up just evolvin’;
- ” Pete To commemorate her (short) engagement to Pete Davidson, the “Break Up With Your Girlfriend” singer added his name to her ring finger;
- Japanse Script The singer closed 2018 with some new ink, a small Japanese phrase, “utaimoshou,” which translates to “let’s sing;
” Um, Ari, I think we ALL sing. Vines Ari went back to one of her favorite tattoo artists, Mira Mariah AKA @girlknewyork , to cover up her 9 3/4 ink (also from Harry Potter ) with some cute vines. Some fans think that it has something to do with her breakup with Pete Davidson.
“7 Rings” – Well, Kind Of Whew, the drama! Ariana tried to get “7 Rings” inked on her palm to honor her new song, but had to quit halfway through because of the pain. The two characters she got spelled the word “shichirin,” which translates to little barbecue grill.
Ari got a ton of backlash over it – many accused her of not researching before getting the ink. Later, she tried again, with the help of some numbing shots and her Japanese tutor. Unfortunately, the second try didn’t really work out either. The tattoo artist added “指,” which means finger, along with a heart underneath.
- She hoped this would correct the kanji “輪,” resulting in the “7 Rings” tattoo she wanted;
- But because of the formatting of the tattoo and the fact that Japanese is read top to bottom and right to left, the final design doesn’t make any sense;
Kotaku. com explains, “In English, this would be like writing ‘rings’ as ‘ri’ and then ‘ngs’ in another paragraph. ” With the change, the tattoo now more or less reads: “small charcoal grill, finger. ” Eevee Ariana is a huge Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! fan and got the ink to prove it.
She captioned the ink: “I’ve wanted this for so long. Thank u sm. ” Honestly, if Ari were a Pokémon. Sun and Moon Right after she was awarded the Woman of the Year Award at Billboard’s Women in Music 2018, Ari celebrated with some new ink.
She covered her entire hand with a second moon tattoo, plus a sun and some of Mira Mariah AKA @girlknewyork ‘s trademark sparkles. Ariana’s grandmother also got a tattoo the same night: “Ciccio” on her finger, in honor of her late husband. 8148 Though she never met him, Ariana got a tattoo in honor of Pete’s Davidson’s dad shortly after they started dating.
She had “8148” inked on her foot, the Scott Davidson’s firefighter badge number. Pete also has a tattoo of the numbers as a tribute to his father, who died in 9/11. Ari later covered it with “Myron,” Mac Miller’s dog who she adopted after his death.
A Black Heart and Arrow Bye, Pete! What was formerly her ex-fiancé’s name is now a black heart with an arrow through it. Ironically, she showcased the cover-up in her “Thank U, Next” music video. She summed up the new tattoo in a tweet : “I’m empty and my heart is black now so.
- ” Mood;
- H2GKMO and Chihiro from “Spirited Away” Back in her Pete Davidson days, the two (plus her cousin Courtney) got matching “H2GKMO” on their hands, which means “honest to God, knock me out;
- ” In this pic you can also see her biggest tattoo yet, a portrait of Chihiro from Spirited Away;
Ariana explained how she relates to the character on her Instagram Stories. “Chihiro’s growth into a capable individual is a core factor to the movement of Spirited Away’s plot. During her adventure in the Spirit World, she matures from an easily-scared girl with a child-like personality to match her age to a hard-working, responsible, and brave young girl who has learned to put her fears aside for those she cares for,” she wrote.
- “To protect her friends and rescue her parents from a spell that has turned them into livestock, Chihiro sheds her former personality and adapts to her environment to become a courageous, quick-witted and reliable girl;
” Something on Her Butt Even in the deepest depths of the internet, no one can figure out what the script on her thigh says. So if anyone know, please shoot me a DM, because this haunts me. Court As a tribute to her cousin Courtney Chipolone (the one she got her H2GKMO tattoo with), Ari got her name inked somewhere near her knee.
- Judging by the font, it looks like Court might have written it herself;
- A Bff tattoo, anyone? She and her best friend Alexa both got a single letter A tattooed;
- Olive Branch Yet another cover-up! After her breakup with Pete, she covered up her “reborn” tattoo with this pretty little olive branch;
Mille Tendresse Ari has the quote scrawled on the back of her neck. It means “a thousand tendernesses” in French and is featured in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s. If you’ve heard the song “7 Rings,” you’re already aware that it’s one of her favorite movies.
- Her ex-fiancé Pete Davidson (whose name you will see plenty of times throughout this article) got the same one, then covered it after their split with the word “cursed;
- ” Yikes;
- Lightning Bolt Tucked behind her ear is the outline of a lightning bolt, which is probably a reference to Harry Potter;
Lumos There are a lot of tattoos in the picture (I spot. five?), but take a look at the side of her left hand. It says “lumos,” the spell from Harry Potter that lights the tip of a wand. Crescent Moon This teeny half moon is one of Ariana’s earliest tats. She’s been obsessed with moons and even has a song called “Moonlight.
” Baby Doll You’ll learn fast that Ariana Grande loves a finger tattoo. This one reads “BABY DOLL. ” Bellissima The Italian word means “gorgeous,” a nod to her heritage. Kelsey Stiegman Senior Style Editor Kelsey is Seventeen.
com’s fashion expert and resident Harry Potter nerd. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.