What Age Can I Get A Tattoo In Texas?
18 years of age (a) Except as permitted in subsections (d) and (e) of this section, a client must be a minimum of 18 years of age and shall present at the time of tattooing or body piercing a valid, government issued, positive identification card including, but not limited to, a driver’s license, passport, or military identification.
Can a minor get a tattoo in Texas?
Tattooing – We require any business in the practice of producing an indelible mark or figure on the human body by scarring or inserting pigments under the skin using needles, scalpels or other related equipment to license with the Department of State Health Services.
This includes studios that perform traditional tattooing, permanent cosmetics and scarification. An artist may not tattoo a person younger than 18 without meeting the requirements of 25 Texas Administrative Code, §229.
406(c), whose parent or guardian determines it to be in the best interest of the minor child to cover an existing tattoo. Tattoos are applied using a small electric device that operates similar to a sewing machine. One to fourteen needles are grouped together and attached to the end of a rod called a needle bar.
- The other end of the needle bar is attached to the tattoo machine;
- The needle bar moves up and down through a tube or barrel, which serves two purposes — to keep the needle bar from moving side to side and as a handle for the tattooist to grip;
The needles stick out only a few millimeters from the end of the tube, so they don’t go deep into the skin. After preparing the skin with a germicidal soap, the artist dips the needles into a small amount of pigment or ink. As the machine is guided over the skin, the needle bar moves up and down allowing the needles to puncture the skin, depositing the ink.
How old do you have to be to get a tattoo?
Peathegee Inc/Blend Images/Getty Images According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, a person has to be at least 18 years old to get a tattoo in Texas. Under supervision of a parent, a minor is allowed to have a tattoo covered or removed. Wikipedia mentions that a parent is allowed to have a minor’s tattoo covered if it contains offensive language, gang symbols or other markings that the parent deems necessary for removal.
- The National Conference of State Legislatures notes that the physical presence of a parent, or proof of parentage, is required;
- com notes that Texas law requires tattoo shops to record the type of identification a customer shows to verify age;
Only the type of ID shown is required and not the number or photocopy. MORE FROM REFERENCE. COM.
Can a 16 year old get a tattoo in TN?
- A minor older than 16-years-old may get a tattoo to cover an existing tattoo, require their parent to be present, and have ID.
- Minors need written consent and the presence of the parent or legal guardian to receive a piercing.
Can a 14 year old get a tattoo without parental consent?
However, minors between 14-18 can get a tattoo with the written consent of a parent or legal guardian. Like many other states, you’ll need written consent from a parent or legal guardian if you want a tattoo under the age of 18. Your parents or guardians will also need to be present during the tattooing.