How To Cover A Tattoo To Swim?
Apply a waterproof dressing – A waterproof dressing, like Saniderm , can protect your new tattoo if you have to submerge it. They’re available in different size sheets and rolls. Make sure your tattoo is completely covered. Only apply the bandage right before getting in the water and remove it as soon as you’re done.
How can I protect my new tattoo when I swim?
If you have a new tattoo and enjoy swimming, you’re probably wondering how to protect it from getting it wet. Water is a big no-no when it comes to brand new tattoos, as it can lead to infections or losing ink. Swimming is unadvised during the first weeks of getting inked. Protect your new tattoo when swimming by:
- Avoid swimming until the skin has healed
- Seal plastic around the area
- Use an antibacterial wash after swimming
Can You waterproof a tattoo?
How Can I Waterproof a Tattoo for Swimming? – If you absolutely have to swim with a new tattoo, then you might want to try covering it with a waterproof dressing. There is no way to fully waterproof a tattoo, but there are some methods swimmers have tried: waterproof bandages that can fully wrap and cover the tattoo, heavy layers of Vaseline, or even plastic press n’ seal wrap.
To swim with a new tattoo, cover it and waterproof it as best as possible right before you get in the water, remove the covers after, and gently wash it with warm water and antibacterial soap, then let it air dry and heal.
Continue using the aftercare cream throughout the post-tattoo healing process. .
Is swimming in the pool bad for tattoos?
Why is it not advisable to swim with an unprotected tattoo? – Swimming waters are full of chlorine which means harsh chemicals too bad for tattoo wounds. The chlorine can irritate the skin resulting in infections. Other than that, various people swim in the same pool water and for that period you can consider the water contaminated, which is again bad for your fresh tattoo wound.
- Your doctor will also advise you to stay away from swimming for various other medical reasons;
- According to few health experts, when your skin tissues break the immune system gets affected and so sea salt water or poorly maintained hot tubs and swimming pools main pass bacterial through the contaminated waters;
Thus the penetrated bacteria may lead to damaged skin, blurring of ink, and mild to severe skin infections too. Seawater is the riskiest to swim. It would be a terrible idea for you to visit the beach and try the water sport activities with your fresh tattoo on.
- Don’t worry, once your tattoo is healed, you will be able to enjoy all of these more confidently;
- Although we suggested you stay away from swimming during the healing period, some are still too tempted to resist;
If it is unavoidable for you to prevent swimming, there are several ways you can protect your tattoos when swimming.
What is a tattoo cover or wrap?
What is a tattoo cover up or wrap? – Waterproof Tattoo Cover for swimming A tattoo cover-up or wrap is a thin layer of silicon attached with adhesive to the skin of the wearer and worn over the tattoo to keep it covered and protected. The purpose of a tattoo cover or wrap is to keep your tattoos safe by covering your skin while you are swimming. This is especially important if you are swimming with a very colorful or bold patterned tatoo on your skin, as that would make it hard to see in the water.
- The heat from your skin and chlorine water, tatoo may fade quickly, so having a good barrier on top of them will help prevent this from happening!Tattoo covers up can also be used for other purposes: for example, they can be used to protect crystals or gemstones, which could otherwise get damaged by the water;
Some people prefer to use an elastic band instead of using an over-the-top fabric because they feel it makes it easier to put on and take off. But, then again some people say wearing a rubber band around their wrist when swimming could impede their ability to swim.