How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Tattoo In Michigan?
This article uses bare URLs, which may be threatened by link rot.
|State||Minimum Age (with parent/guardian consent)|
|Minnesota||18 (piercings excepted)|
What is the legal age to get a tattoo?
- Tattoos and body piercings are permitted for young individuals aged 18 and over.
- A parent/guardian must offer written authorization and be present during the process for tattoos that cover an existing tattoo or piercings.
- Body piercing laws and statutes do not apply to ear piercing.
Related post: How To Email A Tattoo Artist 2022: Best Thing You Need To Know How Much Is An Average Tattoo 2022: Full Sleeve, Leg,… Tattoo Cost Top 40 Creative Henna Tattoo Designs And Meaning: Best Trending Ideas 2022.
Do you need a license to get a tattoo in Michigan?
Employee Requirements – The tattoo artists who work at a body art facility do not need to have an individual license for the facility to earn its statewide licensing. However, the owner of the body art facility must show proof that all employees received training in the sterilization of equipment, the control of bloodborne disease infections and the safe use of equipment when applying tattoos.
All technicians must be at least 18 years of age. In addition, all tattoo facilities must offer to pay for hepatitis B vaccines for all employees and show proof of having complied with this regulation; technicians do not have to get the vaccines, but must be offered the opportunity.
Some local townships, cities and counties in Michigan require tattoo artists to obtain a license prior to working in the field. Requirements for these licenses vary, and standards are typically available from the local department of health.
Can a 14 year old get a tattoo in Florida?
- No tattooing, branding, or body piercing of minors under the age of 14.
- Minors aged 14-18 need the written consent and the presence of the parent or legal guardian to receive a piercing or tattoo.
Can a minor get a tattoo without consent?
- A minor older than 16-years-old may get a tattoo to cover an existing tattoo, require their parent to be present, and have ID.
- Minors need written consent and the presence of the parent or legal guardian to receive a piercing.